Intex Bass Guitar

Posted by Bud Willson on Mon, 08/27/01 - 12:27:59.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

Has anyone heard of this make and who the manufacture is?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Intex, Super, TCM

I know this man. He is the rudest and obnoxious person I have ever met. I had no trouble with him because I played HIS game. He is both defensive and aggressive. I tried not to let that bother me, as I had ME in mind and not him. He is though flexible. If it makes sense to him, (and you never know) he can make you a good deal. Just take him for what he is, smile at him, do not get mad, that's the worst thing you can do. He is an asshole, but keep it to yourself and remind yourself why you're there!! You're not going to change the man at his age...look at the products, examine them good, then make up your mind. Not everyone can afford Gibson, Martin, Godin, etc, etc. If you like the guitar for example, play it and then make up your own mind. Never ever forget to negotiate...if I can't do some bargaining with someone, I don't buy. I don't like to pay the full price especially on a no name but barely know name. Remember, he's making a huge profit, try and get some of that for yourself.

I'm one of those that he

I'm one of those that he kicked out of his store. I spent about 30 min looking through his store trying to figure out what I was looking at (Never saw any names I knew) and when it didn't look like I was a buyer he very rudely told me to get out thing never come back. It was the first and only time I will ever go there. That was probably 10 years ago...Big sale on then too.

Intex and Intercontinental Music

Here is the straight dope. Intercontinental Music in Ottawa is the only store on the planet that sells Intex. Why?
The owner (Who is an asshole, BTW) orders guitars direct from China by the truckload. He has the Chinese manufacturer mark one of his brands (Intex, Baron or TCM) on the guitar. He also gets amplifiers, drums, pianos, and all sorts of band instruments. Walk into the store, and you will not see a single recognizable brand. No Epiphone, Yamaha, Ibanez, etc, let alone Fender or Gibson. It's all stuff that he orders with his own brand names. Amps with names like "SuperRock". And it's mostly crap.

The owner should be in a training video for customer service -for what NOT to do! He is not friendly, not helpful, and if you aren't buying like, right now, he will tell you to get out.

So how does he stay in business? Huge discount tags like 40% off. People who don't know about musical instruments think they lucked out at the sale. They don't know that the 40% off tag is permanent and that the huge regular price would buy a professional level instrument in any other store. And they don't know what a poor quality instrument is with no resale value. You see used Intex and Baron guitars for sale all the time here in Ottawa. Poor suckers.

Re: Intex Bass Guitar

The Intex line can be purchased through me at as well as TCM and Baron and several other private label brands. Intex Music Distributors has several lines of instruments made to their specs by several mfg companies. In Ottawa, Intercontinental Music sells them locally through their retail outlet and I sell them Internationally, direct on the internet and through eBay as well as sell to other stores and dealers. In the guitar line, as a rule of thumb, the Baron line is primarily geared for students and ocassional players, Intex for the part-time professional player (full-time job but play in bands as a hobby and maybe some extra cash) and TCM for the professional.
Hope this helps.

: Has anyone heard of this make and who the manufacture is?

Intex guitars are available in Ottawa Ont Canada.
Intercontinental Music
610 Donald Street
Ottawa, ON
K1K 1L4
Tel: 613-748-9891

They represent TCM and Baron products also.

The website is here:

http://www.intexmusic.ca/

Can't say much about it. I was in the store, the guitars looked OK. The guy who owns the shop is very tight lipped and not very helpful with respect to the origins of these guitars. I asked him some questions that he didn't answer and then he told me to "Have a Good day" so I left.

They have a lot of strat, fat strat, double fat strat copies. The prices are not cheap, some of the TCM guitars are listed over a $1100.00 CDN.
They had a 50% off sale when I was there, but even at $550.00 cdn, I can get a MIM Fender Strat.

Perhaps the TCS is a better guitar, but the Fender will hold it's value better.

I just picked up an Intex acoustic bass guitar. I've never heard of Intex before but they may come from Canada. It's a nice peice for a pretty good price.
: Has anyone heard of this make and who the manufacture is?

i own an intex there farley pricey but real fucken good sound my guitar is fucken amazin id rather have that then a fucken strat. the guy who ran the store when i got mine was ok, i dunno didnt talk to him but very good sound and quility

Intex is a private label used by International Music, in Ottawa, Canada. Intex guitars and basses are built in Korean factories used by "several major brands", according to the owner of International Music, and then sold directly by International Music, with no intervening distributor.

I recently purchased an archtop, which is easy to identify, because the f-hole patterns on archtops are almost a like a signature. It seems to be highly customized version of an Epiphone archtop. It's definitely an Epiphone Emperor top plate, without the Epiphone logo on the headstock, although the headstock shape is the same. It has silver fittings instead of gold, and many other differences as well. But the top-plate pattern is unquestionably an Epiphone pattern.

I hope that helps.

I just found this, the distributor is NOT International Music(land). It's Intercontinental Music. International Musicland has never sold this brand. I used to work for them.

i was just going to to buy a intex electric guitar and i just wanted to know if you like what you got or does it suck

: I just picked up an Intex acoustic bass guitar. I've never heard of Intex before but they may come from Canada. It's a nice peice for a pretty good price.
: : Has anyone heard of this make and who the manufacture is?
I know a dealer in Ottawa Canada that sells "INTEX" Guitars, he carries a large seletion i'm told. I believe they are made in Korea. Check out this website.
www.comsearch-can.com/INTMUSIC.htm
I have had no dealings with this company so therefore cannot give you an opinion.

Ive had an Intex guitar for about 3 years now. They have good stuff, as far as I know, I just dont like the guy who runs the store...

Yeah, the store is Intercontinental Music... they used to be owned by different management, I assume, because their selection used to have a wider range of name-brand gear (they once carried a limited-edition Lita Ford guitar for a time). Now they have all no-name brand gear.

The store-owner isn't much better; rather pushy and not very informative in terms of the actual quality of the instruments. I would rather pay a bit extra cash for a name-brand, and not have to worry about either the quality, or the "here today, gone tomorrow" nature of the franchise.

A friend of mine bought a Les Paul lookalike (no name on the headstock) for about 200$, which carries a 700$ pricetag stamp under the neck/body coupling joint. I wonder of the legality of these instruments!

Hope this helps.
- GS

"And then there remained but two... the darkness, and the music."

: : I just picked up an Intex acoustic bass guitar. I've never heard of Intex before but they may come from Canada. It's a nice peice for a pretty good price.
: : : Has anyone heard of this make and who the manufacture is?
: I know a dealer in Ottawa Canada that sells "INTEX" Guitars, he carries a large seletion i'm told. I believe they are made in Korea. Check out this website.
: www.comsearch-can.com/INTMUSIC.htm
: I have had no dealings with this company so therefore cannot give you an opinion.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.