Global Les Paul ripoff

Posted by Dana on Wed, 11/12/03 - 10:56:07.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

Does anybody know anything about Global? this appears to be a early to mid 70s probably would get sued today as it is a pretty good copy

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Global Les Paul Copy's

I have read alot about global ls guitars. I have had one since 1977 and I love it and have had the wiring redone and changed out the pickups, it plays great alot of folks have said there junk put I disagree atleast with the one i have it looks just like a gibson and if I were to cover the headstock you would think is one as well. My was purchased out of a JC Penny's catalog. I also own around 20 electric guitars..Gibsons,Wasburns,BC Rich,Peavey,Yamaha and so on. They Were Made in Japan and in the late 70's were made to specs as the gibson LP with the same tappered headstock but by the 80's they didn't want sued so they changed the tapered of the headstock and did not have the same feel as a gibson. still looking for more info..they were sold in JC Penny and also by Sears all different models.

Global Les Paul

I bought a tobacco burst Global Les Paul from a Sears catalog when I was a teenager in the seventies for $69.00. Didn't know too much about guitars then but it was a beautiful thing to me. And my dad's guitar player friends with real Gibsons loved it. Someone else must have loved it too because they broke into our house and stole it. Always wanted to find another. No luck yet.

Global Les Paul

We have a 70's era Global Les Paul Tobacco burst in our guitar shop, 200 bucks if your interested. www.tommysguitars.com, in Chicago.

Re: Global Les Paul ripoff

i have a gfx guitar, its made by groove factory. and sort of looks like an ibenez, i can not find any info on gfx anywere on the net, doe anyone even know aabout them?

: i have a gfx guitar, its made by groove factory. and sort of looks like an ibenez, i can not find any info on gfx anywere on the net, doe anyone even know aabout them?

Hey was thinking of buying a guityar like that myself but like you could not find anything about it. How does it sound? Check this site out
www.kanamusic.com they have them on there The one I want to buy is the stage 490 series you will see it. Anyway look on that site and tell me the one you got and if it even sounds good
thanks man

: : i have a gfx guitar, its made by groove factory. and sort of looks like an jackson rhoad, i can not find any info on gfx anywere on the net, doe anyone even know aabout them?

: i have a gfx guitar, its made by groove factory. and sort of looks like an ibenez, i can not find any info on gfx anywere on the net, doe anyone even know aabout them?

I have a red acoustic GFX by groove factory guitar... it aint to bad... I guess

: : i have a gfx guitar, its made by groove factory. and sort of looks like an ibenez, i can not find any info on gfx anywere on the net, doe anyone even know aabout them?

: I have a red acoustic GFX by groove factory guitar... it aint to bad... I guess

hi there i am from canada quebec montreal city i have seen that gfx (groove factory) company here in montreal and longueil where i live which is in the province of quebec i have not pplayed them but i have seen a lot of them in pawn shops almost all the pawn shops here in quebec carry that gfx guitars brand and they do look like a les paul some like ibanez maybe i can dig out more for you and see

: : i have a gfx guitar, its made by groove factory. and sort of looks like an ibenez, i can not find any info on gfx anywere on the net, doe anyone even know aabout them?

: I have a red acoustic GFX by groove factory guitar... it aint to bad... I guess

hi there i am from canada quebec montreal city i have seen that gfx (groove factory) company here in montreal and longueil where i live which is in the province of quebec i have not pplayed them but i have seen a lot of them in pawn shops almost all the pawn shops here in quebec carry that gfx guitars brand and they do look like a les paul some like ibanez maybe i can dig out more for you and see

I have a Les paul copy as well , I'm not sure of th age on it but it does seem to be a prety good guitart do you have any information on it or the company?? I've been looking for quite a while but allI seem to have found was this site and a nother one that like this where people were asking the same questions as over here,"who is global ??, when were these guitars made ect"

I recently bought a global Les Paul Copy. From what I can gather, these guitars were sold in the sears catalog, I believe in the late 70's. The guy I bought it from thought it was a Epiphone.

I have done some tune up on it, but it is still not perfect. It's a beautiful guitar, but I don't know about the sound. I may need to put replacement pickups in.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.