Global Musical Instrument Co. Ltd

Advertisement
Posted by Kris on Fri, 12/05/03 - 23:16:31.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I have a classical guitar made by this company, it's about 30 years old and sounds great, does anybody have any info?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Dumb Dumb Dumb

"and along with being my first guitar, it's also the guitar I learned on."

Is it me, or is that the second or third dumbest thing ever said here?

Meaning what? Some people learn to play on their SECOND guitar?

What an astronomically ridiculous statement.

Re: Decent replacement for smaller Global guitars 2

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/global-acoustic-guitar-model-403
Click on the picture. This isn't my actual guitar, but the only differences are : Mine doesn't have a saddle, and the headstock on my Global is black instead of brown.

Here is a link to the Rogue acoustics I was talking about in my last post. I have the blue one, but the pictures don't do it justice. Not long after I got mine, I bought a few to re-sell, and the others that I bought look pretty much like the pictures. The two that look the best are the blueburst and the walnut. Again, if you buy one, be ready to make some changes to it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/rogue-starter-acoustic-guitar

Re: Decent replacement for smaller Global guitars

I also have one of the Global acoustics with a hummingbird on the pickguard, and along with being my first guitar, it's also the guitar I learned on. Anyway, after playing it for a few years, I noticed that the bridge was starting to pull away from the body. It also developed two sink spots in the soundboard, so in 2008, I finally decided to retire it.

Two years later, I got one of those Rogue beginner acoustic guitars from musician's Friend for $35 (mine is blueburst), and I was very surprised to hear how close the tone was to my beloved Global. The only thing is, if you get one, be prepared for a few necessary upgrades. The factory fretboard is literally made out of plastic, and so is the bridge. There is a quick-fix for the bridge, though I don't know how long it will extend the life of the bridge. I had a friend of mine make a metal plate for the back of the bridge, with holes drilled for the strings, so that the balls of the strings don't cut into the bridge.

Anyway, for those of you that love the sound of the smaller Globals, this is one way to keep that sound after your Global gets too old to risk any more repairs. Then again, my Global may have sounded different that most, because I played it without a saddle. The story behind that is too long to go into, but the point is, this Rogue helped me keep the sound I was used to after playing my Global for eleven years, and I thought I would pass it along.

ya i have a global humming

ya i have a global humming bird but that the only information on it and i want to sell it but i dont no how much it is worth

mandolin

made by global no.3339 the invincible need year made

Re: Global Musical Instrument Co. Ltd

Seems like this poor little guitar is lost in the nether world! My son was given one by his grandfather, and it has a slight crack at the base of the neck. We were wondering if it was worth sending it out to be repaired properly would be worth the cost. It is small, and the label inside reads... GLOBAL Musical Intruments Co.,LTD. Manufacturers of Sorento, Nola, Bolero, Sonata and Torina quality guitars. The wording is centered inside of a globe. Any clues to whether it is worth fixing?

: I have a classical guitar made by this company, it's about 45 years old and sounds great, does anybody have any info?

ya im having the same

ya im having the same problem all i know is it is a humming bird acoustic and its made by this company

ok so also have a similar one that is 50 years of age the were asain made and at the time they were sold from $80-120. The company was sued by gibson for copying designs and didnt come back for a while but now all they make are the electrics we know of a LTDs

Someone was cleaning out & giving stuff away- my Dad ended up with a 6 string acoustic -Global Musical Instrument Co. # 401 on the back. Reinforced neck - Excellent condition - old strings but can be replaced - Looked as if the metal string board at bottom had been added - but maybe not. Has a good tone & small like a spanish guitar - My first guitar was a 'Sears Special' - but it was normal size guitar - you know the one - strings 1/2 inch off neck....If you learned on one of those without lowering the bridge - you can play anything :-)
This Global has the string keys attached pointing off the back of the neck - unusual.
From the posts - these were asian copies - & they were marketing eye openers from the us manufacturers who had not cornered the 'everybody wants a guitar that works' market.

My grandfather gave me the

My grandfather gave me the same one i think he got it from a yardsale it says 402 on the back maybe its production number?

Global 6 string guitar

I have the same one. Brand new, never used in its original plastic and box. At the top where you adjust the strings is the no. 401N. It was made in Korea.
My father purchased it sometime between 1965-1970's. I'm trying to find the value.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Global Musical Instrument Co. Ltd

: I have a classical guitar made by this company, it's about 30 years old and sounds great, does anybody have any info?

i cant find anything excepr this site i also have a global that is an exact duplicate of the gibson j200 with the big moustach bridge it plays and sounds excellent but i realy would like ome info thanks

Re: musical instruments dealing

we are the leading manufacturer of musical instruments.we will provide you the better quality at favorable price.
without any hesitation you can contact us.

We have an old Global guitar and want to know how old it is and where to get replacement parts.

: We have an old Global guitar # 12411 and want to know how old it is and where to get replacement parts.

: : We have an old Global guitar # 12411 and want to know how old it is and where to get replacement parts.

i also have an old Global accustic guitar the only identification i can find is on the back #402 and made in korea i would like to get it back into condition to play

global acoustic guitar

I also have this guitar that is made in korea....# 405 on the back of the neck...did you ever find any info out regarding this & if so does it have any value....thanks!

I have #455 :) I am lucky

I have #455 :) I am lucky mine is still in good shape, but it would be nice to know where to go should something break!

I own a Jumbo body acoustic guitar by Global. This baby I picked up on ebay, She originally had autographs from the past owners band members and friends. But besides that she is a genuine Vintage Western Beauty. I am in the process of restoring her. As Far as it goes She sounds GREAT! I wish there were more details of this company. I just hope its not like in those movies like Click, and it has powers.... yeah Im a dork. Just know it sounds good and I am recording with it. P.S. I had a dean Marley pick up installed in it. So even better!

I have a guitar I found in our attic it is missing the smallest string and the little thing at the bottom that holds the string in I was wondering if it would be better for me to fix the guitar I have and buy everything I need or to buy a new guitar with a starter pack or something? Oh and it had the name of your company on the inside and this number on the back 857-2042

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Global Musical Instrument Co. Ltd

Oh No!! I just bought a similar guitar to the ones all mentioned here today and was so excited to come home and see what it was all about. This is the only place on the internet with ANY information of this sort. What a mystery...

Mine is a #403, same inside sticker ask mentioned by everyone else. Sunburst front and hummingbird decals on pick guard. It sounds great! Picked it up from a man's garage sale, silly me not asking anything about it- didnt want to make a big deal since his price was so low and its in great condition. Anyone get any info, please share!

REAL OLD GUITAR

my father in law has a old gitar and its at least 40 years old. its number is 0403. i dont know what the number is for but the guitar was made in tiwan and 2 on the inside of it... on the name lable thing.

: I have a classical guitar made by this company, it's about 50 years old and sounds great, does anybody have any info?

: I have a Bently Mandolin and was wondering what the value of it used but in great condition is worth? Can anyone give me an Idea?

I have a mini guitar with the Global Musical Instrument CO LTD "manufacturers of sorento, nola..." and so on lavel inside body. It has a white plastic pick guard and a finish that is red on the edges fading into brown toward the center. The gold and black sticker on back of head is 4001. It looks like I am in the same boat as the rest of you. I have no idea what the history or value of my guitar is. I agree it does have a pleasant sound. Does anyone else have the sticker on the front of the head saying, "Steel reinforced neck"? I wish you all luck in finding some answers.

mini guitar- Glogal Musical

Just purchased one today in Durham, NC.
It has the steel reinforced neck # 4001. The labels are in mint condtion. I had to replace the hi E string . It tuned very easily. I paid $20 for it. Bought it for my 5 y/o grandson who has expressed some interest in learning the guitar

global gutar

i have a global guitar made by sorento ,nola, bolero, sonata and torino and its a humming birb and it sounds great but id like to know what its worth the number on the back is 4006A and its in great condition if anyone can tell me please reply

Brandon,
I have a guitar that conforms very much to your description, except that it doesn't feel like a "mini" to me (though I'm an absolute beginner): same number 4001, same coloring, same tag about steel reinforcement on the neck. I found it in my father's garage in 1983, along with three lesson books dated fall, 1979. Trained as a violinist as a child, he was always a stickler for quality. I'd guess that he bought it while living in northern Connecticut at the end of the 1970's. Being preoccupied with the harp for the past 25 years, I've only begun experimenting with the guitar as I've been contemplating trying to sell it to help with financial problems....but now I think I'd rather keep it and learn how to play it!

I have the same guitar without any stickers.I purchased it at my ex-girlfriends garage sale for $5.

: I have a mini guitar with the Global Musical Instrument CO LTD "manufacturers of sorento, nola..." and so on lavel inside body. It has a white plastic pick guard and a finish that is red on the edges fading into brown toward the center. The gold and black sticker on back of head is 4001. It looks like I am in the same boat as the rest of you. I have no idea what the history or value of my guitar is. I agree it does have a pleasant sound. Does anyone else have the sticker on the front of the head saying, "Steel reinforced neck"? I wish you all luck in finding some answers.

: : I also have a mini guitar with the Global Musical Instrument CO LTD "manufacturers of sorento, nola..." and so on lavel inside body. It has a white plastic pick guard and a finish that is red on the edges fading into brown toward the center. The gold and black sticker on back of head is 4001. It looks like I am in the same boat as the rest of you. I have no idea what the history or value of my guitar is. I agree it does have a pleasant sound. I too have the sticker on the front of the head saying, "Steel reinforced neck"? I wish you all luck in finding some answers.

I have a Global acoustic guitar. It was purchased from Best mail order catalog (similar to Sears) in Flint, Michigan in 1976. It has double pick guards on both sides of the strings with flower designs on them. I also have the original bicentenial guitar case it came in. It has a made in Korea sticker on the guitar.

: I have a classical guitar made by this company, it's about 30 years old and sounds great, inside it says sorento,nola,bolero,torino quality guitars. Have you got any information on its age and value?

I Have an old amp. It is a combo (amp + speaker in one box). On the back, a label reads: 'Global Musical Instrument Co., Elk Grove Village, Ill. 60007' & '4080 Instrument Amplifier'. Take notice of "Co." and "Ltd". "Co." means an American business. "Ltd" is most likely to be the non-US business.
Check >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTD for more on that.

State of IL business search for G.M.I.C. >http://cdsprod.ilsos.net/CorpSearchWeb/CorpSrchServlet

GLOBAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO. A.
1850 Arthur Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

847/640-8030
Fax 847/640-8796
Incorporation Date: 11/05/1998

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=1850+Arthur+Avenue&city=&state=&zipcode=60007

http://www.guitarsite.com/hotlicks/about437.html

I just bought a Global Instruments Co. Ltd twelve string acoustic with nice inlays and dual pick guards with pictures of white doves and roses on it. It sounds and plays awsome and looks cool too. I can't find it on e-bay or anywhere else. What gives?

Hi, i have a global mini acoustic guitar. It has the numbers 0301 on the back and the global symbol on the inside that also says. GLOBAL musical instrument co, LTD manufacturers of sorento nola bolero sonata and torino guitars. This is the only mention of this company i have wound on the web and i am also looking for more information about them. Anyone found anything? Please let me know.

: Hi, i have a global mini acoustic guitar. It has the numbers 12411 on the back and the global symbol on the inside that also says. GLOBAL musical instrument co, LTD manufacturers of sorento nola bolero sonata and torino guitars. This is the only mention of this company i have wound on the web and i am also looking for more information about them. Anyone found anything? Please let me know.

I recently was given a global guitar from my father. It appears to be old but sounds great. I would also like some history to back this thing up if its there.

I have a Classical Hummingbird Model that (I) purchased back in 1975 from Montgomery Ward. Very nice looking and sounds great in mint condition, but I am unable to find any info on the company and I've been looking since 1990! I guess we will have to visit the Antquite Road Show. Any info would be welcomed. Thanks

:I found one as well and I am wondering who makes them, I heard good thinks but hard to find!!??

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.