Frontline Guitars (Korean?)

Posted by David Harris on Tue, 12/30/03 - 09:59:19.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I'm considering buying an older electric guitar. It's a Frontline 301 model. Can anyone tell me more about this manufacturer? I read that they were Korean and went out of business in the late 80s. Does anyone know their quality?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

frontline 301

I have a red frontline axe head which in selling anyone interested very good condition

Re: Frontline Guitars (Korean?)

I purchased a pink tele-shaped Frontline 301 some years ago at Covent Garden Antiques Market in London. It has two uncovered humbuckers controlled by a 3-way switch and quite a fast maple neck with a pointy headstock. It was missing a nut and some pickup screws, but I bought it anyway (for £15) just to see if I could get it playing again as a practice guitar. I never imagined that once it was repaired it would become one of my favourite guitars and compare favourably even with vintage Gibsons I have owned. "Pinky" just rocks and proves that some cheaply constructed guitars of humble origins can somehow turn out to play and sound far better than the sum of their parts. If you can find one, buy it!!!

: I'm considering buying an older electric guitar. It's a Frontline 301 model. Can anyone tell me more about this manufacturer? I read that they were Korean and went out of business in the late 80s. Does anyone know their quality?

i have a front line guitar its a pink axe head,i allso have nine other guitars,the front line has a clearer sound,and its less destorted than the others,i ve been told by someone thats it worth seven thousand pound,but i dont know how true that is,steve

I've just received a Frontline guitar. It's a Les Paul Custom model. Looks cheapo buy it's very playable. I'm very curious too about the company that built her. I'll be very thankful for any further information. See you.

Hey iv played a Frontline 301 i think, its something like 301 anyway. but i think they're really good, you know where to get one? cos i want to get one myself but my school wont let me buy it off them, anyway the one played just needed heavier strings as the ones on it were pathetically thin. the single coils sound freakin awsome and the humbuckers nae bad either...

: I'm considering buying an older electric guitar. It's a Frontline 301 model. Can anyone tell me more about this manufacturer? I read that they were Korean and went out of business in the late 80s. Does anyone know their quality?

I've got a Frontline 301 it was the first guitar i ever got. It has a very distinctive sound and i loved it. Cause mine was so old and had had a few owners it was well on it's way out but i took it totally apart and am between using it as basis of building my own guitar. It has an amazing shape and the neck is made of Maple wood. Originaly had three pick ups. one volume switch and two tones which give an interesting toggle switch action. I recommend buying one. I paid 80 pounds for mine,(bargin) if you know of n e 1 with frontline pick ups email me.

i've been tryin 2 find the value of my frontline 301. am the second owner and it is in mint condtion don't suppose you would know the value

My first guitar was a blue Frontline 301. I bouth it for DEM 345 in 1998. It is a cheap strat/superstrat copy, made of plywood. Practically worth nothing by today I guess, as it was one of the cheapest models that time. Made in Korea, but at the end of the 80's it was not as highly praised as today.

I bought a frontline 302 candy apple red telecaster with maple neck and pointed head, it has 2 pickups, one closed and one open. Said to be at least 30 years old but in very good condition. had it re fetted and it plays real good. any ideas how much it could be worth?: My first guitar was a blue Frontline 301. I bouth it for DEM 345 in 1998. It is a cheap strat/superstrat copy, made of plywood. Practically worth nothing by today I guess, as it was one of the cheapest models that time. Made in Korea, but at the end of the 80's it was not as highly praised as today.

I bought a frontline 302 candy apple red telecaster with maple neck and pointed head, it has 2 pickups, one closed and one open. Said to be at least 30 years old but in very good condition. had it re fetted and it plays real good. any ideas how much it could be worth?: My first guitar was a blue Frontline 301. I bouth it for DEM 345 in 1998. It is a cheap strat/superstrat copy, made of plywood. Practically worth nothing by today I guess, as it was one of the cheapest models that time. Made in Korea, but at the end of the 80's it was not as highly praised as today.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.