Re: Brazos??

Advertisement
Posted by Kim Kasdorf on Sat, 04/03/04 - 07:04:23.

: I own a gorgeous Brazos 5-string banjo. It says "custom made" on it. 2 different colors of wood on the back of the fretboard, mother of pearl inlays all over, and an incredible sunburst finish on the back of the resonator. It is also quite heavy, a good indication of a quality banjo. I have been trying to find out about this maker for over 2 years with no luck whatsoever. If anyone has any info, please email me at elliotth27@yahoo.com

I also have a Brazos "Custom Made" 5 string banjo that is absolutely beautiful with all gold trim and hardware. It is very heavy, the 10" tone ring is 11/16" thick and bound, the resonator is a gorgeous birds eye sunburst, etc. Quality wise, it is as nice as any Ome or Gibson I have seen up to about the $2500 range.

I bought mine at a pawn shop in Lander WY in 1994 and was told it was made in Japan. It amazes me that I have not been able to find out anything about who or where these great instruments were made. If anyone does find out more about them, please let me know or at least post a link.

Thanks. Kim Kasdorf

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.