Dana acoustic guitar made in Korea

Posted by dennis jensen on Sun, 07/25/04 - 19:14:57.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I am looking for any info. on Dana guitars made in Korea. I cant read the serial # but it looks like three digits starting with #2???

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

dana

i have a dana acoustic inside it says DANA underneath model number. then on the right corner of the guitar JAPAN
anyone help? its really old

Dana

I too have a vintage Dana Acoustic, probably made in 1970s and sold by Simpson Sears; it looks very much like my friends old Stella acoustic from the 1970s; probably both made in Korea, which over the centuries has been subservient to Japan

DANA GUITAR WB2

I have just purchased a 3/4 size DANA guitar from a friend who bought it from someone else. It's my daughters name so couldn't pass it up LOL. Anyway, the serial # is BL4057 and it's a model WB2. I'd be interested in how old this guitar is. Where would I find this out. It plays real nice!!

Re: Dana acoustic guitar made in Korea

Well i have a dana acoustic but its made in japan?

dana

I was given and still have a Dana WF 2 model guitar -it was given to me and purchased from simpson sears at the time for xmas 1970 0r 71.
mine says made in Lapan as per the back of the neck head

lapan

Lapan huh?

: Well i have a dana acoustic but its made in japan?

: : Well i have a dana acoustic but its made in japan?

Do you know what year? do you have pics?

i just bought a vibra guitar

i just bought a vibra guitar made in korea for $45cdn

I too am looking for information about these guitars. Anyone know anything about them?

I have a Dana acoustic guitar made in Korea as well. It looks like it says its a model WB2. A loose sticker inside the body has the (serial?) # 05409. Perhaps that means its the ninth guitar of this type made in 1954? The guitar was supposedly owned by somone's grandmother, so 1954 would be around the correct era?

: I have a Dana acoustic guitar made in Korea as well. It looks like it says its a model WB2. A loose sticker inside the body has the (serial?) # 05409. Perhaps that means its the ninth guitar of this type made in 1954? The guitar was supposedly owned by somone's grandmother, so 1954 would be around the correct era?
My Dana has something written in pencil... Very hard to tell what it is, looks like 08?o8 or 03?58 I guess I need a stronger glass.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.