hyostar guitar

Posted by sandy lee on Fri, 10/22/04 - 11:36:38.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I have a hyostar guitar model #SJ971. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on on and what year it was made is appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hyostar vs Martin

I recently picked up a Hyostar 919 in Punta Gorda Florida. From the research I did thought it would be a guitar that I could take out and around camping or from one of my homes to another and not worry about dinging up my Martin D 45. I was correct it has a very very high quality of sound , tune it and it stays tuned. It's a great guitar and for a 160$ I got a tuner and a stand with it. Now I just have to finish my handmade wood case for my D 45 and I will be set ! I know zero about Gibsons but I think it sounds like a D 18 maybe stretch it to a D28??
Go ahead and pick one up and you shouldn't over invest.
6-24-17
Doug

hyostar guitar

i have acquired a hyostar guitar. the model # has been blacked out. I know nothing about guitars. Surely the model # is on the guitar not just the sticker inside. Why would anyone black it out? any help would be appreciated.

Re: hyostar guitar

: I have a hyostar guitar model #SJ971. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on on and what year it was made is appreciated.

A bit late on this but I was researching my own SJ971. It's been in the closet for the last 25 years. Hyostar is just about non existent on the web. The 971 appears to have been a copy of a Martin D16 or 18. I don't know my Martins that well but looks more like the 18 to me. I'm going to get some new bridge pins and through at set of strings on it and see if it is playable.

I also have a hyostar guitar, my model # is SF811. Its funny I ran across you because I also wanted to know about the company and the value of the guitar. If you happen to find out anything please forward the info to me. THANKS

: I have a hyostar guitar model #SJ971. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on on and what year it was made is appreciated.

Re: hyostar guitar Model # SJ919

: I have a hyostar guitar model #SJ919. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on on and what year it was made is appreciated.
I have called Gibson and Martin and both companies deny knowledge of it.

Re: hyostar guitar Model # SJ919

Hyostar guitars are knock offs of the classic Gibson dove; Hyostar was a Japanese company that was sued by Gibson in the 70's. The Hyostars are the high quality copies.

: I have a hyostar guitar model #ST972. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on IT and what year it was made is appreciated.

: : I have a hyostar guitar model #ST972. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on IT and what year it was made is appreciated.

I just got a beautiful hyostar copy of a 1941 martin D45 that is absolutely remarkable. It has all the abalone and the woods are equal (or better!) than the original. Brazilian rosewood sides and back and the back is bookended as well. the appointments are lush and the tone and playability equal to a martin in every way. But I don't know anything about the History of this company. I would also like to know anything anybody can provide regarding Hyostar. The label is very aged and I can no longer read the model # but there is no doubt that it is a D45.

: : : I have a hyostar guitar model #ST972. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on IT and what year it was made is appreciated.

: I just got a beautiful hyostar copy of a 1941 martin D45 that is absolutely remarkable. It has all the abalone and the woods are equal (or better!) than the original. Brazilian rosewood sides and back and the back is bookended as well. the appointments are lush and the tone and playability equal to a martin in every way. But I don't know anything about the History of this company. I would also like to know anything anybody can provide regarding Hyostar. The label is very aged and I can no longer read the model # but there is no doubt that it is a D45.

My father also has a Hyostar guitar, model SJ972. My grandmother purchased it from a yard sale for $5. We have not been able to find out much about it either. We would love to find out anything we can about it.

: I have a hyostar guitar model #ST972. I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on IT and what year it was made is appreciated.

: : I have a hyostar guitar model #ST121 I would like to know who made it and what's the value of it. Any information on IT and what year it was made is appreciated.

I also have a Hyostar model SJ975. My mom bought it for me about 9 years ago from a pawn shop. Still looking for information. Any will help.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.