tell me what you have found out

Posted by nate on Sun, 02/17/02 - 15:08:21.

: : : Has anybody heard of a make of guitar called Horugel.

: No, but I own a Horugel mandolin. I understand the company is based in Inchon Korea. So far the only other references I have found have been for Pianos and seem to be marketed primarily in Europe. My own instrument was purchased new at Petosa's Music in Seattle in 1976 for $40.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: tell me what you have found out

HI! I am just mending a strange old Horugel guitar! I don't even know how it sounds, but when I found it constantly getting dust-covered in the flat of my bass-players house, I couldn't help the need to make it shine again! I think mine was received for very little cash!!! It has a very small sunburst-finished body, which seems to be crafted of the cheapest available wood on earth!
Nevertheless I like it's trashy retro-design and now, after I have put fresh strings on it, I like the dry sound very much! Even without being connected to any kind of amp, it produces an ethereal reverb aruond it! The pickups are plastic-trash, and the tremolo doesn't work
without thoroughly detuning every string! Let's see what my Fender Deluxe sucks out of that baby!!!<

: : : : Has anybody heard of a make of guitar called Horugel.

I HAVE A HORUGEL GUITAR, OF TWELVE STRINGS.

I have an electric 6 string horugel,i changed the pick guard and a few other parts and with a little adjustment it should be fine. there is also little info online from the research i have done.

: : : : : Has anybody heard of a make of guitar called Horugel.

: I HAVE A HORUGEL GUITAR, OF TWELVE STRINGS.

my first guitar was a horugel SG copy. was made out of laminate material with dual humbuckers and a goofy old tremolo, dark red with black pickguard. i think my friends dad bought it when they were overseas in the navy possibly in italy. i would really love to get another one if anybody has one for sale email at dajmanrox74@yahoo.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.