"PHIL" guitars

Posted by iron on Sun, 06/12/05 - 03:35:54.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

while stationed in korea I bought one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. A sorta subduded black body, with a natural wood finished neck that went through it. All the metallic items (tuning pegs, cord insertion thing ect.) were all matching bronze. Well back to the point. On returning home I showed it to a friend who quickly offered to buy it. Foolishly I accepted, and now he want sell it back to me... I've looked all over the net trying to find something from the brand "phil" without any luck, I guess what I would like to know is does anyone know where to find these phil guitars, maybe somewhere I've over looked on the net.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Phil

I bought a starburst acoustic /electric, I love it.

guitar semi acoustic

My uncle gone to a thrift shop in egypt and bought one for less than a 100 euros, i changed her bass magnet and she s a pretty lady,playing blues and metal if need to...keep learning your 'Phil',it can be a powerful weapon ;)

Cheap average guitars, some

Cheap average guitars, some were good some not. Nothing special for what i see.

I as of my current

I as of my current collection am in possession of a Phil telecaster, it plays like a dream and can take a good knock, the wirings a bit twitchy but I bought mine second hand for around £150 which I thought was quite reasonable

phil guitars

I have one beautiful one bought in the nineties in Madrid.
The original sound was muddy and screamy, real crap... and it had never tune correctly i remember.
However she was my first guitar and i'm upgrading it, especially pick ups were terrible.... so putting a new nice ones it should change a lot...

if she becomes a nice lady i'll inform you haha

Re:

I am in korea right now stationed at Cap Red Cloud
There is a store outside of Camp Casey that sells Phil guitars, I have a hollow body electric and a bass that are both Phil. He sells factory direct.
Sujin Music
1Ban-2Tong, Bosan-Dong
Tongouchun City, Kyongki-do, Korea
ZIP 483-060
Mr. Lim- Sung Soon
Cell: -011-668-4117
But please respect the time difference about 10 hours ahead of the U.S.

Re: Phil Guitar

I just bought one as well and cant find anything on it but will keep on trying!
Its a damn nice guitar and will do the job when I dont want to use my expensive guitars on a gig.
Mine is an accoustic electric simalar to the Yamaha APX but plays even bettter!
Bought it for peanuts as well at a second hand shop for around about 70 dollars in your land ( Plus case!)

Re:

i found one phil acoustic electric guitar in london ontario at rockhouse music i was unsure wether or not to buy it because i cant find info it says 1967 inside the body but im not sure if the dates real. Any info on these guitars?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.