Tanglewood TW - 400

Posted by Peter McRae on Sun, 06/23/02 - 06:07:58.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I have owned a 6 string Tanglewood TW 400 acoustic for approximately 20 years. Its been a great friend to me and I was wondering about the background to the Tanglewood company (ie is it still around??), an estimated value of my guitar for insurance pruposes (just like me it has a wee bit of cosmetic wear and tear!!).

Cheers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Tanglewood TW - 400

The TW- 400 is a current model but may have been made in a different factory to the model you have. It retails in Ireland for €215 check out http://www.muzonet.com/tanglewood/
Look for the solid top TW 28st
Tanglewwod have amazing guitars at €100 less than other brands. The EQ models sound like an acoustic not the sound of the pickup when put into a PA , try one and you will see what i mean

: I have a TW 400N in need of some major repair. I was wondering if it was worth spending #50 - #100 British pounds on it. Does anyone have even a rough idea of its worth

Re: Tanglewood TW - 600-LH

HI, I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A TANGLEWOOD TW-600 LH NEED SOME WORK DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT YEAR THESE WERE MADE AND WHAT STRING TO USE THANKS PAUL

: : I have a TW 400N in need of some major repair. I was wondering if it was worth spending #50 - #100 British pounds on it. Does anyone have even a rough idea of its worth
--------------------->
I have one of these guitars and was brought new for under £100 in the late 80's, so no it's not worth it!

Paul

: I have one of these guitars and was brought new for under £100 in the late 80's, so no it's not worth it!

: Paul

£100 in the 80s is not that cheap but I just picked a nice one up for £18

: : : I have a TW 400N in need of some major repair. I was wondering if it was worth spending #50 - #100 British pounds on it. Does anyone have even a rough idea of its worth
: --------------------->I have just recovered a TW400 from a dustbin, someone obviously did not think it was worth keeping. It is in great condition, I have cleaned it up, restrung it and it sounds and plays really well, what a find!
Will
: I have one of these guitars and was brought new for under £100 in the late 80's, so no it's not worth it!

: Paul

Greetings.
Yes I have a tanglewood tw 400 metal stringed guitar it sounds lovely how much is it worth today
from Happy Henry.

I have one as well. It's a lovely guitar to play but they are cheap. Don't spend a fotune on it.

I bought a TW-400 second hand in 1991 for £50

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.