Montaya guitar

Posted by robert leathers on Tue, 09/05/06 - 21:30:31.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

We would like to know more about this guitar. When it was made and How much it is worth? We love the sound it gives out. The model# is w-15.
Maybe you can help us with the questions. We hope to hear from you.

Thank you
Robert Leathers

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Montaya guitar

: I own a model I45 and it's my version of a Martin D32 . I found it in a local tradder paper and knew as soon as I heard it it was well worth the $100 asking price . I had new tunners installed and some elixer strings and WOW !
Last upgrade was a bridge support @ a local bluegrass festival & now I have a friend for life !! not some $2,000 piece I'd be afraid to play or take outside .
( Kam Sa Knee Da ) Korean for thank you !!!

: Thank you
: Robert Leathers

I happen to own the W-15 since the mid 1980s. This has to be the most under-rated guitar in history. The raw volume this thing puts out will absolutely blow the hell out of any other guitar, and if set up and adjusted properly, the action is amazing. Also, no guitar I've EVER tried can hold tune like this thing. Once it's tuned up, it holds it like a pit bull biting into something. I also own a Takamine, and I've played my share of pricey Martins and Taylors. No guitar can hold tune like this Montaya, and unplugged, the Montaya matches ANYTHING.

: I've owned one since the late 70's. The W-15. It does have some awesome sound when tuned just right. I've hadquite a few giutars over the years but still hold on to that one. I really can't find anything on it either.

: We would like to know more about this guitar. When it was made and How much it is worth? We love the sound it gives out. The model# is w-15.
: Maybe you can help us with the questions. We hope to hear from you.

: Thank you
: Robert Leathers

: : We would like to know more about this guitar. When it was made and How much it is worth? We love the sound it gives out. The model# is w-15.
: : Maybe you can help us with the questions. We hope to hear from you.

: : Thank you
: : Robert Leathers

I have a Montaya FM-32. My father, being the junk-collector that he is, found it one day and brought it home. Me, being the general music-junkie/guitar-enthusiast that I am, took it. Its strings were REALLY old (they were BROWN) so I cut them off. The bridge is peeling off, though, and the tuning pegs are really dry. I think I'm gonna try to have it repaired. It seems like an interesting guitar.

: : : We would like to know more about this guitar. When it was made and How much it is worth? We love the sound it gives out. The model# is w-15.
: : : Maybe you can help us with the questions. We hope to hear from you.

: : : Thank you
: : : Robert Leathers

:
: I have a Montaya FM-32. My father, being the junk-collector that he is, found it one day and brought it home. Me, being the general music-junkie/guitar-enthusiast that I am, took it. Its strings were REALLY old (they were BROWN) so I cut them off. The bridge is peeling off, though, and the tuning pegs are really dry. I think I'm gonna try to have it repaired. It seems like an interesting guitar.

I also have a Montaya FM-32. One of the tuning pegs on mine has broken off, who knows how longs ago. I think perhaps the tuning pegs themselves on this model may be rather inexpensively made. Aside from that little fact though, it's an overall lovely guitar.

: : I KNOW A GUITAR TEACHER IN NYC WHO HAS HIS STUDENTS USE THIS GUITAR OR IT MAY BE AN F-10.
THE FEW TIME I HAVE PLAYED IT I WAS BLOWN AWAY BY ITS ACOUSTIC SOUND.A BEAUTIFUL GTR. THE TEACHER HAS BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME SO I AM ASSUMING IT IS A VERY OLD GUITAR.HE TOLD ME IF IT IS SET UP RIGHT YOU CAN GET A SOUND THAT WILL COMPETE WITH ANY GUITAR OUT THERE.MY FIRST GTR TEACHER 25 YRS AGO HAD ONE TOO. I TOO AM TRYING TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THEM..I DO BELIEVE THEY GO BACK MANY YRS AND WERE A KOREAN CHEAPIE..I WILL INVESTIGATE FURTHER.IT JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR SOMETHING.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.