Re: Park Grimshaw

Posted by Eric Sandiford on Sun, 09/10/06 - 05:10:06.

: : : Any info on a Park Grimshaw, look like a les paul copy.

: : I own a Grimshaw GS30 as you describe, although not for sale(I have owned it for 38 years) I would be interested in any information you have on Grimshaw guitars ::hi i have a collection of grimshaw guitars,grimshaw was a man of inovation,his first guitars he sold out of his prestigious shop in piccadilly,in the 1920,s he made a range of guitars called the revelation(revulsion to his compedition)i personally liked his 50,s period when american guitars were not available because of a trade embargo,he designed a guitar that was pure english rock and roll,it had a gibson 335 thin body with a gretsch white falcon headstock,cats eye holes in the body with two pick-ups and lots of knobs and switches,users at the time included joe brown bruce welsh tony sheriden,pete townsand,all of these players stopped playing their grimshaws when the american guitars became available in 1959/60..i personally liked his guitars, although he had taken many features from other makers he had somehow made a very distictive looking guitar,i think when the american guitars were available in 1959/60 he made the mistake of trying to make copies,he attempteed the les paul,well it was not as good as a les paul,and cost at the time the same money,i believe he went out of business in the late 60,s..leaving behind many weird wonderful and somtimes crappy guitars and banjos of which i have a collection of...

I was interested to read that you have acollection of Grimshaw guitars, how many, and which types? I am in the process of setting up a web site www.grimshawguitars.co.uk
Which should be up and running in about one week or so. I too have a small collection of these guitars and I agree with you that some were not so good and others were exceptional. Please contact if you have any photos or information which could be used on the web site.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.