unknown guitar??

Posted by Maurits Stoltenbarg on Wed, 05/16/01 - 10:44:01.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

Has anyone heard of an Arirang guitar? Please tell me if
you know more about this brand

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guitar query

Around 1989/90, when the famous music shoppe "MANNY'S" in Manhattan was still in business, I purchased a guitar an electric guitar for about $205 including sales tax. The guitar has a Gibson Led Paul body with sunburst coloring and it has the moniker of "SESSIONS LOVE POWER" on the head that holds the tuning pegs. Can't find anything on the model,make and maker. Haven't opened it up to find serial no. Any info from anyone about this guitar would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

unknown guitar

Ive had this guitar for a few years now , i got it given to me off my exes grandad he said hes had it since he was young, anyway ive searched all over the internet for a match on this guitar but the brand is nowhere to be seen ? no model number or anything all it has is the word ACTION in slanted writing on the head. The head is just a triangle with all the tuning pegs on the same side... its a strange one , anybody know what it could be ?
thanks

I have an acoustic arirang

I have an acoustic arirang with 12 strings! my dad gave it to me, he bought it in 80's from a guitar teacher, who found it god knows here! Strange how from korea made it to greece.. love this guitar :)

Mystery Guitar. Solve the Mystery!! S310SG

so, my friend gave me a guitar he had sitting in his closet for maybe 10 years. it didn't work so i took it and decided to try to fix i up. however, when trying to find out what kind of guitar it was i couldn't. It's almost impossible. cut there is a CLUE! The guitar has a wood finish, just a light stained. the neck looks descent but i can't tell if its great or not. at the bottom of the neck on the back there's a model number 'S310SG'. of course i searched the model number and found the model is that of an epiphone/gibson but looking through every picture of this series of guitar from late 80's to 2004 i couldnt find a match. It says in various descriptions of this style that "epiphone" is on the headstock, but there is no name anywhere, aside from the model number. the only thing i could think of is that someone slapped a model sticker on a no named guitar, but the sticker doesnt look at all like it's ever been tampered with. If anyone wants to take a crack at this Mystery email me and i'll send you pics of the guitar in question. i'll probably forget about this thread and page as soon as i leave it. i look forward to getting some help,
-don

Re: unknown guitar??

i have one (acoustic)

: i have one (electric)

It says Harmony on the nameplate holding the neck on the body, on the head it says Rogue. I have no idea what this guitar is, i checked the harmony site and they don't have it. I got it from my friend who said he bought it used from a place but doesnt know where pzzzzz help i need new parts for it.

ARIRANG

I have three Arirang, one copy of Martin D35, one copy of Gibson Heritage, one copy of Yamaha; the sound is good, the neck change with the model.

has any body ever heard or seen a maier genuine.
I have one that i bought 20 years ago for 17$.

: Has anyone heard of an Arirang guitar? Please tell me if
: you know more about this brand

hay its trent here ya i got 1. my dad got it from his dad and i have a 2 grand fender acustic and this guitar in my opionion in twice as good!!!! i have no idea what it is or who owned it but it is truly amasing. the action is set just right and the neck is still wounderfull after what looks to b about 20 years

I bought an arirang classical guitar five years ago 20 Euros in a pawn shop in France. it was my first guitar. I've had many guitars, and some of them were probably better, but I know I won't ever sell this one. It sounds great for a 20 Euros guitar, I play it everyday, and it's MY guitar.

unknown guitar??

: Has anyone heard of an oldie Vision guitar? Please tell me if

: Has anyone heard of an Arirang guitar? Please tell me if

Hi I have an Arirang.I have had it since about the mid 80's when I acquired it in a pawn shop.I have always enjoyed it,it is an acoustic,but I have made it into an elictric acoustic.The label on the inside says Taro.I too have wondered about it's heritage and how old it is so if you happen to fund out more post it as I will do the same

Arirang Strat type guitar

yes i had one Strat-type guitar, she was pretty good. I don't remember how was inside, plywood or real wood. i bought this guitar for about 35 years in Germany. I don't remember where is she gone...sorry.

: : Has anyone heard of an Arirang guitar? Please tell me if
: : you know more about this brand

arirang is korean for "dear beautiful", guessing its a mid to late 1970's korean copy maker, all pretty cool

I am wandering the same I just pickedup an arirang for $15. for the pickart. but the guitar sounds solid and i am going to fix it up.

Hello, I'm lorenz from germany! last year my uncle gave me an arirange accoustic guitar! I was very surprised when i played it for the first time! I wanted to get more information about this guitar and so i went to a guitar shop in germany! the owner told me, it's a 30 years old guitar and was made in korea! in the 70ties and 80ies it was a concurent(?) of ibanez and yamaha, but it was much more cheaper! They have done good work, i think! I played 2000 dollar guitars which don't dound so lovely like my cheap and goldy arirang!

Re: unknown guitar??(Arirang)

Yes, it´s unknown for many people. But someone can enjoy it.
I´ve got one. I wouldn´t change for a fender or ibanez or gibson...

:
: Yes, it´s unknown for many people. But someone can enjoy it.
: I´ve got one. I wouldn´t change for a fender or ibanez or gibson...

Hello Arirang lovers, I've got one as well. Its'an acoustic in beautiful condition and what i know about mine is that it has been built by a intument builder named Schallowetz from a town called Velbert somewhere in german speaking European country. I know this çause my guitar has a sticker on the neck witch tells me this.
Greets. Jools

Looking for info on Arirang Bass

I bought me a Arirang bass in natural finish in Sicily back in 1982 for $300. I would like to find out where and who made these in the European theater...Plays like a dream but have no history or any other info...no s/n but does look like a Fender Jazz 75 copy.....Thanks

I found an arirang accoustic with serial no. MJ88OD .don't know if it is worth repairing its in reasonable condition.looks solid enough sticker says made in japan.looks old. any help out there?

: I found one in a junk shop. It's a Les Paul copy (sort of). Sound Ok but I'll have to re-fret it. Does anyone know where these were made ?
: Yes, it´s unknown for many people. But someone can enjoy it.
: I´ve got one. I wouldn´t change for a fender or ibanez or gibson...

Hey folks. Take a look here (although it's already over):

http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403056437

It's an Arirang guitar. I'd wish I'd have it!!!

Hi I have a Arirang electric guitar, a copy of a Gibson SG!!
It is not in very good conditions... I have to set up it ( truss rod expecially!)
There is no wiring ( someone detroyed it) so if anyone knows how to connect the cable please
give me some help!
thanks

: Hey folks. Take a look here (although it's already over):

: http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403056437

: It's an Arirang guitar. I'd wish I'd have it!!!

: :I HAVE A ARIRANG ELECTRIC GUITAR, ITS A MASSIEF GUITAR , NO PLASTIC , I WANT TO NO HOW OLD AND THE PRICES FROM THIS GUITARS THERE IS A NUMBER ON IT : L E G 450 SI HOPE SOME CAN TELL ME MORE OR THIS GUITAR

: : Hey folks. Take a look here (although it's already over):

: : http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403056437

: : It's an Arirang guitar. I'd wish I'd have it!!!

----------------------------------------

I can't read the link it's in a foreign language German I think. Just looked up the item on EBAY but it's gone now. I also have an Arirang guitar, and have been wondering about it. There are some unique things about this guitar. First of all, it is an acoustic, and VERY old. I bought it nearly 30 years ago and it was used then, don't know how old. It is a beautiful Sunburst, finish is holding up well - only checks are the idiot marks I put on it as a teenager. The bridge is starting to separate from the body, but the bridge is screwed it, interesting - NO PROBLEM. The bridge cannot pull loose. I had to replace the saddle recently, took me a long time to find one. The saddle ALSO screws in. Tuners suck, but haven't replaced just to keep it original. Plays well, action good, sounds good. It's the first guitar I ever owned, and I'm going to keep it. Don't see a S/N anywhere on it. But I truly belive that guitar is going to last forever. Somebody put together a 'cheapie' guitar that was better made than some Gibsons I've seen for $2000.

hey i also have one, its an sg model very dark wine red.
my uncle has given it to me but its not new, jit has been at his parents home for 15 years,since his old group separated. he took the guitar (he didnt play the guitar, he played bass)so we add more or less 7 years(15+7=22) but the guitar wasnt newso we add 5 years that make 27 years.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.