korean made guitar ( PAN model PH 990 )

Posted by john rowin on Sun, 05/13/07 - 19:28:37.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

I hope you can help me with finding more about PAN brand name guitars made in korea. The serial # is 74040036. I think it was made in the 70's, not real sure. can you tell me? can you help? thks, John

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

For Sale: Grand Prix Guitar, Hand Made in Korea, 6 String

Hello, I am taking offers on a 1970's or earlier, Grand Prix 6 String guitar for sale. Label inside says hand Made in Korea, Model 7056. I have owned it since my father gave it to me in 1974. Excellent condition, plays beautifully, very lightly used. In beautiful condition. Will send photo's on request.

Would also like to know if Martin or Fender or another guitar company bought the label or had these guitars made under the Grand Prix label for import to North America.

Thank you!

Grand Prix

I have a korean hand made grand prix and i am interested in learning more about it, would anyone know anything?

Re: korean made guitar ( PAN model PH 990 )

: I hope you can help me with finding more about PAN brand name guitars made in korea. The serial # is 74040036. I think it was made in the 70's, not real sure. can you tell me? can you help? thks, John

Hi John,

Not sure this will be of any help, but I'm replying to this mostly because nobody I have met in recent years has ever heard of a Pan. I owned a 6 string Pan steel string acoustic years ago that I acquired new from a music store in the mid 70's. Sadly I foolishly pawned it around 1980 and can tell you little more about it other than the store it was purchased from. Maybe they still exist, but doubt they'd know anything about a 30+ year old sale. Place was called Wentworth Music in Kelowna BC Canada. Hope this helps you somehow.

Now I'm trying to find out something about a Grand Prix that was hand made in Korea if you possibly have any leads on that. ;-)

NetScorpion

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.