Jaguar Guitars?

Posted by Dan on Thu, 12/26/02 - 23:18:46.
In Reply to Korean Guitar page

Anyone heard of Jaguar guitars? I just bought an electric-acoustic, model no. J-50CE NA. Can't find any info on them.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Jaguar owner

This is probably an old thread, but as I
Have read above we all have the same problem.
We all own a Jaguar or two in my case.Similar
Issues. I was unable to sweep the net for any info.
They were Korean made and knock -offs of
The fender strat style / Tele style. I too
Have had neck issues and Trem issues.They were
A run of guitars from as far back as 87 till maybe
1990 or shortly after. I am considering buying an acoustic
Electric model yet Iam holding off because
Don't know what they sound like or if they are
Well built. I've owned the electric guitars for
A few years and I love how the play
And sound. Just not too sure about an acoustic.
Anyone own an acoustic jaguar?
That can give me some input or insight?

Jaguar Acoustic electric guitar

The Jaguar was made by Dillion guitars
I had one about 20 years ago. wish I never got rid of it.
Dillion discontinued them. You can check it out on the link below.

http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/acoustic_electric/R/R601/index.html

I checked with Jaguar

I checked with Jaguar amplifications and they said no..

I have a acoustic-electric

I have a acoustic-electric red jaguar serial #JWA200E. My brother had it for over 20 years, it was always kept in a case and hardly used. It was made in Korea. Would someone have any information about this guitar ? What year was it made ? It has a beautiful sound and looks like new. Thank you

guitar jaguar. model. jwa200e

i just by a old jaguar guitar and i like to no the price and the year??? it was made in korea. thank you

Jaguar Electric

Mine is a White electric with a Floyd Rose Whammy. I bought it new in 1987, but it was old stock at the store I bought it from. It has a great sound , and there is no selling mine.

Jaguar Guitar 1981

hi there

i bought my Jag in 2002, the serial no is J-60CE and i can't find any info on it either. its electric acoustic as well, has an acoustic body, not sleek or slim like electric at all and has elegantly carved out floral pattern for its sound hole... its a beaut, i love it, plays and sounds really brilliantly. info and value would be nice to know.
cheers.

your jag

I've never heard of Jag but your description and model number are an exact match to my Dillion 12 string. Maybe start checkin out Dillion and see what u find. They are a beautiful guitar.

Jaguar Guitar Korea 1981

I have a J-12 Acoustic Electric, Jaguar Guitar 1981 Korea. It is small full neck looks like a mini Ovation Plays great sounds great. Very well made guitar. Bought at a flee market & was wondering what it is worth. Hard to find any info on the guitar.

Jaguar 12 string accoustic 1981, korean made

Hi just was looking this up myself, I bought mine in 1981, new for 599.00, I love it! great sound, and yes I"m a small handed person, so nice small neck. It has served well, is getting to be at the place of needing a bit of tender care, but I still really enjoy it!

Re: Jaguar Guitars?

I would also like info on these guitars, I have an acoustic electric model number J-10 OBB. black with blue splash. I have also owned this guitar for almost 11 years. This would help, ps it was made in korea

check it out i just found that there is a place called jaguar amplifications and maybe it could be that they made guitars and they didnt sell explaining why no ones heard of them and they just stopped making them and just made amps instead

check it out i just found that there is a place called jaguar amplifications and maybe it could be that they made guitars and they didnt sell explaining why no ones heard of them and they just stopped making them

: Anyone heard of Jaguar guitars? I just bought an electric-acoustic, model no. J-50CE NA. Can't find any info on them.

I have just read a few posts and I must say... i know exactly how u guys feel. I have a green electric acoustic model #j-50CE. made in korea since 1981. bought it at song bird in 2000. my first guitar and it still sounds great. louder than other guitars. i found this post for the same reason they are being written. if I findz I will POST.

: Anyone heard of Jaguar guitars? I just bought an electric-acoustic, model no. J-50CE NA. Can't find any info on them.

I am looking for more info too I bought an electric from my fiend jamie the name at the top of the neck is jaguar but every time I look it up online the fender jag comes up and I didnt get a fender for eighty bucks

I got some more info though I dont know how helpful it is when I brung the guitar into a shop to get it fixed the guy said it was probably made in the late 60's and also the more I look at the neck of the guitar it kind of looks like it says jaquar with a Q rather than jaguar but I could be wrong

: I am looking for more info too I bought an electric from my fiend jamie the name at the top of the neck is jaguar but every time I look it up online the fender jag comes up and I didnt get a fender for eighty bucks .

it would be helpful to see a picture of the guitar .

re: jaguar guitars

i dont know how to upload the picture to the site. go to my facebook my profile picture is an old picture of me with the guitar. thats the only photo i have of it

I was just at a flea market, and saw one for sale for 300 (Cdn.)Never heard of them before that.

Yea man, I saw a stunning blue jaguar electric at a guitar center in Knoxville last year and I've been looking for some info about their guitars and I can't find anything either. If anyone has info, email me as well!

I have a red electric guitar from jaguar with a jackson single coil pickup and its a strat imitation. Ditto about the information (or the lack thereof) about jaguar guitar on the net though. would be cool to get an official site or something, I'd definitely buy another one if I found it.

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a jaguar with a hockey stick neck.don't know what year it is.anybody familiar with this guitar and has diagrams please send info and diagram.if you send pictures, I can identify it

: I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a jaguar with a hockey stick neck.don't know what year it is.anybody familiar with this guitar and has diagrams please send info and diagram.if you send pictures, I can identify it

: : I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a jaguar with a hockey stick neck.don't know what year it is.anybody familiar with this guitar and has diagrams please send info and diagram.if you send pictures, I can identify it
..........I have a Jaguar similar to yours can we trade pictures mine has 2 pickups ,two Knurled knobs and the hockey stick maple neck Thanks Tim

: : I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a jaguar with a hockey stick neck.don't know what year it is.anybody familiar with this guitar and has diagrams please send info and diagram.if you send pictures, I can identify it

I have a Jaguar similar to the one you have can you shed some light on where they came from and how many might be out there Thanks Tim

hi tim - i have a white one that was bought for me years ago as a gift. i have no idea where this guitar came from and am having a hard time selling it on account of there being nothing to price it against. any idea what the price should be?

re: jaguar guitars

i had mine apraised. he said the rarity of it has little effect on its price. if you are looking to sell it. i would gladly buy it.

Ya, man. I've been searching all day today and haven't found didly squat until i came here. well, i can't find any real info on one but i'm still trying. i just bought a black-green acoustic-electric with serial # J-50CE. it's sweet-ass, but they must have made a a few because there is no info on the web. if i stumble across anything, i'll ppost the news. thanks

Jaguar Guitar

I have had mine for over 14 years. i had no idea who made it, but it has harmonics that u just cant find in any Martin, Fender, whatever. This Guitar hums and has forever. Mine is also an electric/accoustic. it says on the top, a tradition since 1981 if that helps. good luck. will never sell mine so to me it is priceless!!!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.