late 80s-Early 90s Platinum Snakeskin Ironbird

Posted by Tony on Wed, 04/25/07 - 00:06:56.

I have a Platinum Series Ironbird with the Red Snakeskin finish. Its a bolt on with a Gold neck plate and a 4 digit serial number (7323). It was gift in 93 or 94 and it had seen some use before that and had all the chipped points one expects to find on a used BC Rich.It also has a Signature on the back of the Headstock that looks like it says AL BEAN and a small sticker thats partily worn off that reads.. ___ed by BC Rich.Even though i know its not a top of the line model i still value it because my Grandfather who gave it to me died in 95.I'd never sell it but i am very interested to find out anything i can about it.

It plays and sounds great and i love playing it, but could anyone give me any info on this guitar? I assume its a Korean BC Rich, but i have not been able to find out much else about it.Its got Twin Humbuckers,3-Way Switch and a smaller toggle switch that i am unsure what it does,but a change in the sound is clear when its switched.Can anyone tell me when the Snakeskin finish was offered or anything else about my Ironbird.

Thanks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: late 80s-Early 90s Platinum Snakeskin Ironbird

: I have a Platinum Series Ironbird with the Red Snakeskin finish. Its a bolt on with a Gold neck plate and a 4 digit serial number (7323). It was gift in 93 or 94 and it had seen some use before that and had all the chipped points one expects to find on a used BC Rich.It also has a Signature on the back of the Headstock that looks like it says AL BEAN and a small sticker thats partily worn off that reads.. ___ed by BC Rich.Even though i know its not a top of the line model i still value it because my Grandfather who gave it to me died in 95.I'd never sell it but i am very interested to find out anything i can about it.

: It plays and sounds great and i love playing it, but could anyone give me any info on this guitar? I assume its a Korean BC Rich, but i have not been able to find out much else about it.Its got Twin Humbuckers,3-Way Switch and a smaller toggle switch that i am unsure what it does,but a change in the sound is clear when its switched.Can anyone tell me when the Snakeskin finish was offered or anything else about my Ironbird.

: Thanks!

Tony I have the same guitar and finish as well as chipped all the points.I have no idea what its worth but mine is very special to me also.I have owned this guitar since 1991 and havent played it in ten years.The guitar plays beutifull and sounds killer but the look is rather aggressive,too aggressive for my current style.Let me know what you find out about these guitars as I have never seen another like it and only one the same shape I think it was a poison video.If you want another one Im thinking of getting rid of this because I have too many guitars I didnt know that was possible but when I came home with a pawn shop Dean last night my old lady s**t an ironbird.
Thanks
Dan

Re: late 80s-Early 90s Platinum Snakeskin Ironbird

: : I have a Platinum Series Ironbird with the Red Snakeskin finish. Its a bolt on with a Gold neck plate and a 4 digit serial number (7323). It was gift in 93 or 94 and it had seen some use before that and had all the chipped points one expects to find on a used BC Rich.It also has a Signature on the back of the Headstock that looks like it says AL BEAN and a small sticker thats partily worn off that reads.. ___ed by BC Rich.Even though i know its not a top of the line model i still value it because my Grandfather who gave it to me died in 95.I'd never sell it but i am very interested to find out anything i can about it.

: : It plays and sounds great and i love playing it, but could anyone give me any info on this guitar? I assume its a Korean BC Rich, but i have not been able to find out much else about it.Its got Twin Humbuckers,3-Way Switch and a smaller toggle switch that i am unsure what it does,but a change in the sound is clear when its switched.Can anyone tell me when the Snakeskin finish was offered or anything else about my Ironbird.

: : Thanks!

: Tony I have the same guitar and finish as well as chipped all the points.I have no idea what its worth but mine is very special to me also.I have owned this guitar since 1991 and havent played it in ten years.The guitar plays beutifull and sounds killer but the look is rather aggressive,too aggressive for my current style.Let me know what you find out about these guitars as I have never seen another like it and only one the same shape I think it was a poison video.If you want another one Im thinking of getting rid of this because I have too many guitars I didnt know that was possible but when I came home with a pawn shop Dean last night my old lady s**t an ironbird.
: Thanks
: Dan

Is yours signed also? I saw a Warlock with the red snakeskin signed by Lita Ford for sale online and it was a platinum series also.

Are these Class Axe BCs? Does anyone know about the gold neck plates and weird 4 digit numbers? Early Class Axe maybe? Hopefully someone out there knows more about these guitars.

I hooked mine up to my Boss DS-1 pedal into a 1959 Harmony H400 Tube Amp and it screams!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.