Re: Dating B.C. Rich Guitar info

Advertisement
Posted by lenny on Sun, 02/24/08 - 09:43:39.

I have a bc rich iron bird and i cant get an answer from anyone. It has the sideways R on the headstock kahler trem and its a one piece not bolt on neck. the serial number dosent match anything ive ever seen its 1028u. The u in the serial # is raised and smaller than the numbers.
Please if you can find anything out and email derectly i would appreciate it

Thanks Lenny

: In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

: F7XXXXX (1997)
: F8XXXXX (1998)
: F9XXXXX(1999)
: F0XXXXX (2000)

: In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

: 121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
: second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
: third digit = quarter of manufacture
: digits 4 thru 8 = production number

: Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

Related Article:
B.C. Rich is featured in the Best Metal Guitar Round-up

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Rare?

We have a guitar that has a semi-naked lady on it. We took it to a shop and the most they could tell us was that it was factory made and was rare. Does anyone have any info on it the serial number is 61005539. The brand is BC Rich. its not the Vampilore. The design has a naked lady with chains and some other stuff in the background. Please let me know if you know of anything

how old is my guitar

i have a bc rich archtop machingbird usa made not a bolt on neck seirial number r2495 can any one tell me about it

year and origin of bc rich

I have a bc rich serial # BC12163 the neck plate says B.C.Rich with a small tm at the bottom end of the script above the serial number. Under the serial number also on the neck plate it says LA California U.S.A. the head stock says B.C. Rich in script but doesn't have the TM like the neck plate does but it.does say MADE IN U.S.A. under the end of the script right where the TM is located on the neck plate. Has 2 single coil pick ups and a double at the bridge all with there own switches and a B.C. Rich Floyd Rose tremelo. I believe its an ST III but it doesn't say that anywhere on the guitar. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I bought the guitar in the early 90s 91 if I had to guess. It has been my main guitar and plays and sounds great but I have no info at all and just recently became curious. Thanks.

Iron bird

I have a Iorn bird one piece with a kahler trem with the R . I really no nothing about It the number is stamped 1084 no letters. Is it hand made ?

: I have a bc rich iron bird and i cant get an answer from anyone. It has the sideways R on the headstock kahler trem and its a one piece not bolt on neck. the serial number dosent match anything ive ever seen its 1028u. The u in the serial # is raised and smaller than the numbers.
: Please if you can find anything out and email derectly i would appreciate it

: Thanks Lenny

: : In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

: : F7XXXXX (1997)
: : F8XXXXX (1998)
: : F9XXXXX(1999)
: : F0XXXXX (2000)

: : In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

: : 121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
: : second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
: : third digit = quarter of manufacture
: : digits 4 thru 8 = production number

: : Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

I have a guitar that I won on KNAC back in 1987 with SN BOXXX which means that SN starting with BO were used much earlier then 2000. She is in pritty good shape except for the fact that I tolk her to get some work done and the Guitar Doc located in south Cal returned her to me with the wrong plastic head peace that covers up the truss rod. Never going back there.

I have an NJ series Warlock I got in a trade, which has become my favorite guitar. I'm not really looking to sell it, but am curious to find out more about it. Although this is the best source for info I've found for the serial numbers, I still can't make sense of mine... it's on the neck plate, and the entire number is 0002070611. I'm not sure if there are extra numbers here, or if some don't mean anything?
Thanks in advance for any help! PS- if you'd like, you can email me directly at admin@dfwsupergeek.com

: anyone have a dildo? i would appreciate it

f2040939 this is my serial number....does this date the guitar, has inspection sticker with oriental markings..what model would this be? help! thanks

Iron Bird serial

Hi, I have a Iron Bird and the serial starts with I70281, It's an import for sure but, what year as made? can someone help me

Dating B.C. Rich Guitar info

: I have a bc rich his serial no is i50071 but i dont know the typ and made of year please help me

: I have a bc rich iron bird and i cant get an answer from anyone. It has the sideways R on the headstock kahler trem and its a one piece not bolt on neck. the serial number dosent match anything ive ever seen its 1028u. The u in the serial # is raised and smaller than the numbers.
: Please if you can find anything out and email derectly i would appreciate it

: : In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

: : F7XXXXX (1997)
: : F8XXXXX (1998)
: : F9XXXXX(1999)
: : F0XXXXX (2000)

: : In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

: : 121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
: : second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
: : third digit = quarter of manufacture
: : digits 4 thru 8 = production number

: : Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

I am not good with computers and am not sure if i'm doing this right.BUT I recently bougt an older B.C. Rich guitar #E707190.It is sort of a razor back body style, and says platinum series on the head stock.I would like to learn a little about it's history and maybe it's value Iam also interested in knowing about the little hole on the tail piece.It looks like it was for a tremelo bar ,but there is no pivot ing in the tailpiece,Also,whats up with the extra smaller toggle switch?

: : I have a bc rich iron bird and i cant get an answer from anyone. It has the sideways R on the headstock kahler trem and its a one piece not bolt on neck. the serial number dosent match anything ive ever seen its 1028u. The u in the serial # is raised and smaller than the numbers.
: : Please if you can find anything out and email derectly i would appreciate it

: : Thanks Lenny

: : : In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

: : : F7XXXXX (1997)
: : : F8XXXXX (1998)
: : : F9XXXXX(1999)
: : : F0XXXXX (2000)

: : : In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

: : : 121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
: : : second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
: : : third digit = quarter of manufacture
: : : digits 4 thru 8 = production number

: : : Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

: I am not good with computers and am not sure if i'm doing this right.BUT I recently bougt an older B.C. Rich guitar #E707190.It is sort of a razor back body style, and says platinum series on the head stock.I would like to learn a little about it's history and maybe it's value Iam also interested in knowing about the little hole on the tail piece.It looks like it was for a tremelo bar ,but there is no pivot ing in the tailpiece,Also,whats up with the extra smaller toggle switch?

This is good information, I just re-acquired a guitar I originally purchased in 1987 a BC Rich ST Platinum (I believe) the serial number is E711028 which looks similar to your E707190, I've scoured catalog's and pictures and have found NOTHING that looks similar, anyone have any idea on these serial numbers?

Dating B.C. Rich Guitar info

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Dating B.C. Rich Guitar info

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.