Re: Dating B.C. Rich Guitar info

Advertisement
Posted by The Body on Wed, 08/06/08 - 11:04:09.

I've just came across a similar situation. I just received a Mockingbird w/Kahler Trem, 1 hum, sideways "R" on a six-in-line headstock with a "U09xx" serial number. Small, raised "U". Very wierd, and there's NO info on this anywhere I can find. Would GREATLY appreciate help. I was told that it's a 1986 USA, but that's all I got. Thanks!!!

: I have a bc rich iron bird and i cant get an answer from anyone. It has the sideways R on the headstock kahler trem and its a one piece not bolt on neck. the serial number dosent match anything ive ever seen its 1028u. The u in the serial # is raised and smaller than the numbers.
: Please if you can find anything out and email derectly i would appreciate it

: Thanks Lenny

: : In the year 2000, they changed to the letters "BO" (Bolt On) and three digits (B0XXX), which was the actual production number, but there was no number stating the year the guitar was built. The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

: : F7XXXXX (1997)
: : F8XXXXX (1998)
: : F9XXXXX(1999)
: : F0XXXXX (2000)

: : In November of 2000 B.C. Rich implemented a new date stamp format for serial number coding of it’s imported models. . This started on the January 2001 models. All B.C. Rich models, both imported and usa handmades implement this same year time date stamp and guitar production number format:

: : 121XXXXX first digit = year of manufacture
: : second digit = means nothing until double-digit years get here again
: : third digit = quarter of manufacture
: : digits 4 thru 8 = production number

: : Current US-made B.C. Rich serial numbers follow the same year and guitar production number format. (example - serial number #24123 was the 123rd guitar made in 2004)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.