1960's Japan SG style guitar..help

Advertisement
Posted by R Jones on Sat, 03/10/07 - 14:28:23.

Help! I bought a Japaneese SG style guitar that I like quite a bit. It was in very rough shape and I have been restoring it. It has a bolt on neck with a inline 6 tuner config. Headstock is shaped like Fender. It is SG shaped except the horns are equal in size. It has two bulky single coil pickups that are all chrome with the screws running down one side of the pickup, almost like the gibson deluxe les paul mini humbucking pickups look. The interesting thing is that the pick guard is a two piece metal (Chrome) and the plate on the back that covers the electronics is chrome also. It only has Made in Japan on the neck plate and a small plate on the back of the headstock that has a serial number on it. The truss rod cover is sloped and quite big and is chrome also. The guitar was white or a cream colored. This guitar looks to be an early 60's from looking at the paint and style hardware. It has a vintage whammy that I have seen on older Hagstrom guitars. I have seen Domino guitars with the same kind of headstock with the chrome truss rod cover. I have also seen Domino guitars with chrome pickguard also. But none of their guitars are styled like this one. If any one has any info. PLEASE email me. I have searching the internet for months and can't find anything that even resembles this. Thanks Rob Jones

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1960's Japan SG style guitar..help

I believe your guitar is a Kalamazoo KG1. I think Gibson made this guitar in response to Fender's strat... It's got the SG look with a Fender-like headstock, single-coil (I believe).

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.