Jedson Guitars

Posted by Chris on Wed, 06/27/01 - 07:36:49.

i have been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and I am looking for more information about them can you help.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Jedson Guitars

: i have been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and I am looking for more information about them can you help.

My wife has a Jedson acoustic since early 1980's but was well used when she got it. I think made in Japan 1967 but with Dallas Arbiter England on the label. Good sound as a backup for my Maton

Re: Jedson Guitar half size bass

I have had this jedson bass for at lest 20+years and I dont know nothing about its history or were it was built.its white with a solid body please can you help

: I have had this jedson bass for at lest 20+years and I dont know nothing about its history or were it was built.its white with a solid body please can you help

Hi
I have Dallas bass i bought in the 60's , it's tele shape , have you got any pics of your Jedson bass , i thought Jedson stood for John E Dallas & Sons .

I have had this jedson bass for at lest 20+years and I dont know nothing about its history or were it was built.its white with a solid body please can you help

Jedson actually stands for J.E Dallas and Son who we're Ukelele makers in the 1930's 1940's.
George Formby actually played a Jedson !
They were taken over by Arbiter to become Dallas-Arbiter in the 1960's and the Jedson brand was used to badge japanese imports.
I still play a Jedson half scale bass sometimes with my band the Fabulous Fezheads
www.Fezheads.com

I got the same bass, got it for £3 because it was knackered, but with a new bridge and strings it sounds great. Let me know if you find anything about them.
Incidently you can here some samples of it in a track of mine called 'Jedson Buffoon' at www.lefthandpath.info

laters
D

: I got 1 2 can u reccomend what 2 do

: i have been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and I am looking for more information about them can you help.
i have a Jedson,label reads that it was made in london england by Dallas Arbiter,it,s a 20 fret acoustic

i also have a jedson acoustic made in london england by Dallas Arbiter. it has 20 frets the same but all i know is that its about 35 years old

: : i have been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and I am looking for more information about them can you help.
: i have a Jedson,label reads that it was made in london england by Dallas Arbiter,it,s a 20 fret acoustic

: : : i have been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and I am looking for more information about them can you help.
: : i have a Jedson,label reads that it was made in london england by Dallas Arbiter,it,s a 20 fret acoustic ...

I just bought a guitar that might be a Jedson. I know nothing about them except mine looks like a three quater size Gretsch Duo-Jet. The roller bridge is very well made as are the tailpiece and tremolo set-up. The steel is that of Bigsby's quality. The colour is a "Gretsch Orange," I don't know if it's original. Lastly, there are two plastic "organ type keys on the 'jack-plate.' Anyone with any info would be appreciated...

regards

MP

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.