Wilson guitars

Posted by Derek Pyette on Tue, 03/26/02 - 12:12:26.

Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
Any info would be fantastic!
Thank You

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1968 Wilson Ranger

Hi,I have a Wilson ranger,1968, guards red,two toaster pickups.Had this guitar since 1968,lefthanded,and a present from qmy mum.This guitar is brilliant,if you have medium size hands the neck is a dream to play . Just recently had a pro set up,
This guitar has a narrow but medium thick neck,I would never sell it.

I had a Wilson semi accoustic around 1970

I had my own band and I loved that guitar. I had to sell is so I could "retire" as the honour amongst performers meant I could be called out at short notice to fill in for someone who was sick. I still miss it!

Re: Wilson guitars

: Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
: Any info w
ould be fantastic!
: Thank You

I have a Wilson acoustic solid top that sounds and plays great, but the best thing is...it stays in tune...it's amazing. I can't seem to find out any info on the history of these guitars, but I sure like mine.

Wilson guitars

Hey guys, i hope you can help me w/ this. I have an old wilson classical guitar from my mom thats got to be over 30 years old. its in great condition and has been fixed up recently, but i want to sell it. i havent heard of many ppl that know anything about wilsons, so any info would be great.

I've got two left-handed Wilson electric guitars - a black 6 string and a cream 12-string. Both original as I've had both from new. One of the pick-ups on the 12-string needs replacing - don't think I can get an original - it seems to be a Maxon humbucker 34mm x 73mm plus fixing lugs.
I've also still an original tape Wem Copicat plus spare tape!

Wilson ranger

I have a wilson ranger,I got it for a birthday present in 1968 from my mother.this guitar was a student model at the time,and was the lower end of the wilson/ watkins/web collaboration.the guitar neck is narrow and thin ,rosewood fingerboard mahogany neck and body,the pickups are toaster style very high quality with no noise what ever,tthe aranger came in a few variants ,my one has two pickups neck and bridge.although it was a student model it is every bit as good if not better than the mighty watkins Rapier which was the flagship. This guitar can play anything really it has a zero fret and a non adjustable bridge where intonation is concerned. The zero fret keeps the action as low as you want,and I mean LOW! Sound wise,well it has its own sound but consider it a cross between a telecaster and a strat,and you pretty much have it.i would never sell this guitar under any circumstances/ well almost! Anybody looking for one of these is got to be mighty lucky,and collectors can only drurll over the photos in magazines!.i own all the best gibsons and fender guitars,but this one goes everywhere with me whether I'm playing funk or jazz or rockIf I was to add a criticism it would be that the upper frets are hard to access,but it's something worth living with. I wish you luck in your search,don't hold out too much hope

: Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
: Any info would be fantastic!

HI my name is Andy and I have a WILSON 6 string semi acoustic. Its a really odd thing that I paid about £80 for second hand (about $120). Its got two chrome humbuckers and a single coil which looks like it has been screwed to the damn thing! Although the build quality is a bit thin compared to, say an Epiphone, it does sound fantastic.

How much is the one you bought? Can you send me a picture?

: : Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: : is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: : from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: : looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
: : Any info would be fantastic!
: : Thank You

: HI my name is Andy and I have a WILSON 6 string semi acoustic. Its a really odd thing that I paid about £80 for second hand (about $120). Its got two chrome humbuckers and a single coil which looks like it has been screwed to the damn thing! Although the build quality is a bit thin compared to, say an Epiphone, it does sound fantastic.

: How much is the one you bought? Can you send me a picture?

hello
my name is ken.
I used to own a Wilson bas when I played in a band around 1967. These were made by Watkins Musical Instruments of Rapier Fame. The company changed their guitar brand name to WEM after a while, but were more famous for their amplifiers.Our lead guitarist also played a Wilson sg.These were great instruments for their time, if you sould not afford a Fender.

: Any info would be fantastic!

: : Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: : is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: : from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: : looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
: : Any info would be fantastic!
: : Thank You

Hi. I owned a wilson semi acoustic back in 1970, but like a prat I exchanged it for an SG cos it used to feedback a lot at High volume. (200w on 10). I still miss the damn thing, and would be delighted to buy another one. Mine was a tobacco sunburst with chrome hardware - Schaller pickups and machines. If anyone has one to sell please let me know.
Cheers. Mike

Hi

I have a Wilson sunburst shortscale 12 sting electic in sunburst 3 pickups very 60s not the best made instrument in the world but v cool would love to find out more about these guitars

: : : Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in

england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: : : is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: : : from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: : : looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
: : : Any info would be fantastic!
: : : Thank You

:
: Hi. I owned a wilson semi acoustic back in 1970, but like a prat I exchanged it for an SG cos it used to feedback a lot at High volume. (200w on 10). I still miss the damn thing, and would be delighted to buy another one. Mine was a tobacco sunburst with chrome hardware - Schaller pickups and machines. If anyone has one to sell please let me know.
: Cheers. Mike

Musicians' Friend Magazine, Holiday issue (Dec. 2004?) has Wilson guitars. It is made in Japan, and modeled after
the handmade Mosrite Guitars made famous by The Ventures. In fact the M.F. Wilson is called "The Venture's". I don't have the M.F. before me, but I think it sells for $550 or so. The headpiece looks like the 1965 Venture Mosrite. I own a 1965 Venture Mosrite-why the Wilson caught my eye.
Check it out at Musiciansfriend.com. Thanks, Billy

:
: Hi

: I have a Wilson sunburst shortscale 12 sting electic in sunburst 3 pickups very 60s not the best made instrument in the world but v cool would love to find out more about these guitars

: : : : Has anyone ever heard of an old guitar made in

: england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: : : : is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: : : : from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: : : : looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.
: : : : Any info would be fantastic!
: : : : Thank You

: :
: : Hi. I owned a wilson semi acoustic back in 1970, but like a prat I exchanged it for an SG cos it used to feedback a lot at High volume. (200w on 10). I still miss the damn thing, and would be delighted to buy another one. Mine was a tobacco sunburst with chrome hardware - Schaller pickups and machines. If anyone has one to sell please let me know.
: : Cheers. Mike

MIKE ---- I have just found your message ! -- I am selling a WILSON - sounds like the one you wanted ----- it is in EBAY NOW (10 MAY 2004) ... or ring me on 01271 86 48 48 Thats UK +44 1271 86 48 48

:

: I have a Wilson sunburst shortscale 12 sting electic in sunburst 3 pickups very 60s not the best made instrument in the world but v cool would love to find out more about these guitars

: england called "Wilson" If so please let me know if i should buy it.Its left and it
: : : : is in amazing condition.It has old Baldwin pick ups on it and it sounds fantastic.The story is it use to belong to the guitar player
: : : : from the tremoloes(not alan blakely,the guy before him,or after).Also an acoustic guitar named EKO or ECO.Made in Italy,and it
: : : : looks and feels like a beauty but i never heard that name.Both these guitars are suppose to be about 30-40 yrs old.

: : Hi. I owned a wilson semi acoustic back in 1970, but like a prat I exchanged it for an SG cos it used to feedback a lot at High volume. (200w on 10). I still miss the damn thing, and would be delighted to buy another one. Mine was a tobacco sunburst with chrome hardware - Schaller pickups and machines. If anyone has one to sell please let me know.

MIKE ---- I have just found your message ! -- I am selling a WILSON - sounds like the one you wanted ----- it is in EBAY NOW (10 MAY 2004) ... or ring me on 01271 86 48 48

:

Hello there. I recenlty bought a left-handed Wilson semi-acoustic for £50 as it didn't have a nut or bridge on it. Another £50 quid later and it's been professionally set up and sounds class. Mine's got a bolt-on neck, a Bigsby-esque trem system and two really class pick-ups on it. The serial number on the neck plate is 18207. Any further information on the guitar or the Wilson company gratefully accepted! I'm also chasing information about an effects pedal I have - it's an Electrolabs Sustain pedal, made in England, pretty good sound on it but I know absolutely nothing about this at all!! I also have an original 60's Watkins Copicat with spare tapes - it's not in mint condition but still does the business fine.

:

I managed to inherit a Wilson guitar from a friend about 6 months ago and have been trying to find out about it ever since. It's a proper electric guitar and is still in good condition but it must be from 70s or 80s-any idea of value?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.