Re: Gibson Nouveau

Advertisement
Posted by Victor S. Alpher on Wed, 07/09/03 - 15:59:01.

: : I have a 12 string Nouveau NV series. Can anyone help me with a value?
: : Someone wants to trade a Galveston 6 string even up, TOMORROW!!!
: : Not even the blue book has any information on pricing for the N series
: : guitars. thank you.

: Hi Skip,
: I just read your post. Hope you didn't trade. The NV-12 is rare, and a wonderful 12 string. Solid mahogany back and sides, solid spruce top, great workmanship. I talked to Gibson about this guitar (I own one too), and he had high praise for this guitar. Parts made by Japanese quality craftmanship, sent to Gibson for assemble and finish work. Hang onto it if you still have it, you can't get such wonderful tone in an inexpensive guitar nowadays!

Hello:

I have a Gibson Nouveau F-5 style mandolin, made in 1986. Gibson denies any knowledge of how many were made, it has a Cremona Brown Varnish finish, bound fingerboard, excellent tone. I acquired from 2nd owner, he and the first never played it...so it is a 17 year old new mandolin...the neck is 3-ply...nice flame...any idea on its worth and rarity? Gibson bought Flatiron and evidently didn't do much with the Nouveau line.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gibson Nouveau

I just bought a Gibson 12 string NV-12 Nouveau at a estate sale with a hard case in Exellent condition for $325.00. I love how it sounds and plays.
Gibson introduced a line of flat top guitars under the Nouveau by Gibson brand in
1986. Nouveau bodies and necks were made in Japan and then shipped unassembled to the
U.S. where they were then assembled and finished. Electric models joined the line in 1987.
Gibson moved the Nouveaus to the Epiphone line, under the brand Nouveau by Epiphone,
by September 1987. Electrics were moved to Epiphone by February 1988. the entire
Nouveau line was discontinued by early 1989.
If anyone is looking for one or has any info. please contact me at:
raleigh1102@hotmail.com
Steve

epiphone nv? is it a nouveau?

hi i have an old epiphone norlin era nv 245 12 string. i could not find any info on this anywhere. is this part of the nouveau line? i thought that was gibson. the sn is 870451, and it has an old norlin, mij label inside. the guitar sounds huge and has a very big body w/ irrelgular shaped soundhole. i am very excited to know more about it.is this the epi version of the nv 12 discussed on this site? any info would be appreciated.
thanks chris

Re: epiphone nv? is it a nouveau?

epiphone nv? is it a nouveau?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: epiphone nv? is it a nouveau?

Re: epiphone nv? is it a nouveau?

: hi i have an old epiphone norlin era nv 245 12 string. i could not find any info on this anywhere. is this part of the nouveau line? i thought that was gibson. the sn is 870451, and it has an old norlin, mij label inside. the guitar sounds huge and has a very big body w/ irrelgular shaped soundhole. i am very excited to know more about it.is this the epi version of the nv 12 discussed on this site? any info would be appreciated.
: thanks chris

i had a 12string Epiphone/Norlin that i bought new in 1978 called a Nova FT165 (FT indicated flat top and 165 indicated rosewood back/sides)with an elliptical soundhole and pickguard/bridge design that was nice. it was stolen from my home and my insurance replaced it with a perfect twin which i played for another ten years until i sold it. i have wished many times i had one again, but i now play a very nice Guild F512 and i am satisfied with that. i consider the Epiphones very good quality for the money even with the laminates used in construction. enjoy...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.