Danelectro commando

Posted by Donavan on Mon, 01/31/05 - 16:58:26.
In Reply to Danelectro Forum

I have aquired what I believe to be a 1955 Danelectro Commando amp.It opens like a suitcase, 8 speakers. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Danelectro commando

: I have aquired what I believe to be a 1955 Danelectro Commando amp.It opens like a suitcase, 8 speakers. Any info would be appreciated.

Hi there I am very interested in buying the amplifier if you would be willing ? I am a performing artist and in search of that exact amplifier ... thanks so much for your time !

: I have aquired what I believe to be a 1955 Danelectro Commando amp.It opens like a suitcase, 8 speakers. Any info would be appreciated.

Danelectro Commando (1956)
Speaker Config: 8x8" Rola 10710 alnicos.
Wattage: 25w
Tube Setup: 5Y3, 4x6V6, 6SJ7, 6SN7 and 2x12AX7s sub'ed with 12AU7s
Mod's: 100% original except NOS tubes and handle.
Owner's Name & Comments: Conquroot@AOL.com Purchased new in 1956 by "Daddy O" Tuffy in upstate NY, this is the legendary 2 piece, 4x6V6, 8x8" amp that some claim (or speculate!) is the type Little Walter regularly used on many classic recordings and on the road! Truth or legend, this Dano model dates back to 1952...An awesome looking and incredible sounding amp for harp!
Tone: Based on the toneful rip/cut and warm horn-like effect from this amp, it is certainly possible that Walter used one of these rare amps to get his recognizable Chess sound - The One!
Mic Preferred with this Amp: Shure Model 52 Dynamic chrome bullet through a 2-tone 50's Premier reverb unit.

: Hello,does your tremelo work?I just got a 1957
I have aquired what I believe to be a 1955 Danelectro Commando amp.It opens like a suitcase, 8 speakers. Any info would be appreciated.

: : Hello,does your tremelo work?I just got a 1957

don't know dave? It is being looked at right now, I didn't get any sound. light came on, tubes were glowing, but nothing?? Do you mind telling me what you gave for your amp?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.