louder than usual hum

Posted by Rob on Mon, 04/30/07 - 02:52:53.
In Reply to Danelectro Forum

Hi all

I just got a 90's u2 and i play it though a fender hotrod deluxe, i love the tone but It makes a god awful hum and I have a strat and a cheap epiphone with p90's(which are know for a lot of hum)they both sound fine with the amp, I also played a freinds u2 and his sounds fine. its fine till you mess with the tone controls for either pickup. with the volume all the way up and the tone all the way down it has a terrible tone but no noise when i turn the tone up just slightly it hums loudly somewhere in the middle it subsides but as it gets close to being all the way up it hums even more loudly than before this is on the clean channel with the volume at about 2 when I go past 5 it feeds back unbearably its even worse with reverb and man dont even think of turning the gain channel on, I checked the grounds with a volt/ohm meter they seem to be fine. I guess I can try bypassing the pots to see if its them or the pots, if not I dont know where to go from there. any help is seriously appreciated. I will wait for some replys before I whip out the soldering iron.

thanks

Rob

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.