Conn Acoustic guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Laura Pac on Fri, 07/22/05 - 11:12:19.

Hi,
Can you tell me anything about the Conn acoustic guitar Model F9? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Conn Acoustic guitar

I am the proud owner of a Conn 12 String SER 81740095 and Mod F2112. I owned a lot of guitars but this is the best Eever know anyone who has played one and cant put it down I have been looking for a 6 string. buy alais cant find one
I would love to have one. I cant play but with the Conn 6 who cares it just gives mw that specialsound Mike Kern

Conn Guitar

I have a Conn Guitar, Ser.# 39762770, Model F9. It's in Mint condition, looks like new. Not sure I want to sell it , but may consider..

Hi I have a c-11 CONN acoustic. Its great and has realle good sound. I dont blame you for wanting a c-9 conn guitar

I have a Conn F9; purchased about 1979 or 1980 for $115 in Rhode Island. Bought it as a guitar that I could take to the beach (did not want to take my 1970 Martin D35) but found it to be an excellent acoustic guitar - great intonation, stays in tune, balanced bright tone and very durable and well-made. Am considering buying a good quality pickup for it to use as acoustic/electric for gigs. I am going to keep my eye out for other Conns to add to the collection.

: Hi,
: Can you tell me anything about the Conn acoustic guitar Model F9? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Add to my previous post: Having owned Yamaha acoustics, I think the Conn guitars might have been made by them when C G Conn shifted brass instrument production to Yamah - seems likely they would have also used Yamaha when shifting guitar production to Japan in the 70s.

: I have a Conn F9; purchased about 1979 or 1980 for $115 in Rhode Island. Bought it as a guitar that I could take to the beach (did not want to take my 1970 Martin D35) but found it to be an excellent acoustic guitar - great intonation, stays in tune, balanced bright tone and very durable and well-made. Am considering buying a good quality pickup for it to use as acoustic/electric for gigs. I am going to keep my eye out for other Conns to add to the collection.

: : Hi,
: : Can you tell me anything about the Conn acoustic guitar Model F9? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

I,too, have never heard of an F9... but I'm no expert... just a guy that bought a Conn F10 (Ser.No. 71102657) back in 1967. Still my favorite to this day. It was my HS Graduation present to myself. This particular one sounded better than any other acoustic guitar in the store.

: I,too, have never heard of an F9... but I'm no expert... just a guy that bought a Conn F10 (Ser.No. 71102657) back in 1967. Still my favorite to this day. It was my HS Graduation present to myself. This particular one sounded better than any other acoustic guitar in the store.

I traded a 1966 Chevy for mine in 1974 and I still have it. It is a Conn F10. This is the same model guitar that Mac Davis plyed on his TV show in the to late 70s. I recently had mine completly redone and it sounds better than ever.
Chris

: : I,too, have never heard of an F9... but I'm no expert... just a guy that bought a Conn F10 (Ser.No. 71102657) back in 1967. Still my favorite to this day. It was my HS Graduation present to myself. This particular one sounded better than any other acoustic guitar in the store.

: I traded a 1966 Chevy for mine in 1974 and I still have it. It is a Conn F10. This is the same model guitar that Mac Davis plyed on his TV show in the to late 70s. I recently had mine completly redone and it sounds better than ever.
: Chris
I have a Conn F-9 serial 39762278....bot 30 plus years ago.
I keep thinking i'm going to buy a better guitar someday. I play all sorts of fancy models but keep with the Conn. Easy action...great sound pound for pound you can't beat it...Hey, I think I paid $125.00 for mine.

: what can you tell me about the Conn acoustic guitar. I have never head about this guitar until yesterday. thanks

I have a Conn f9. I don't know how old it is, but it is very well made and has a great sound. It is somewhat small, but that makes it easy to transport - and to play slide on. (I like open G tuning, and tend to be all over the neck, so I just find it easier to play on something that isn't heavy and large.)

It is a lightweight, 6-string acoustic. I have had some trouble with some hum on one of the frets, but that I think is more a matter of wear and tear than any fault of the manufacturer.

It is a badass little guitar, and everyone who plays on it really digs it. I don't know anything at all about guitars. This is the only one I've ever had in my possession, and don't see myself getting another. So I can't really compare it to other guitars in terms of sound or quality.

But those who know guitars say it is well-built and has a great sound.

Hope that helps.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.