Re: Fender Coronado

Posted by DAVID DICARLO on Tue, 11/13/01 - 18:47:24.

: I have a fender coronado, no clue what year it is, or what it is worth. The Serial # is 208828, im not even sure if that is the right #, but the only other # on the guitar is the patent pending one. Can anyone help me out?
: Thanks, Dan

Fender Coronados and Coronado II's do not follow the rules when it comes to dating them. I have seen 1968's with sr# in the 500,000's. I have a 1968 that is SR# 269??? (sorry can't remember the last 3 digets) I varified the year by cross checking the neck stamp. The problem with this is that it has the same neck one would find on several other style of fenders. So some instruments that came out in 1968 have neck dates of 1966, some even from 1965. Dificult bussiness.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I'm Jerry ( West Midlands - England) I have a Fender Coronado II in Sunset Orange. 1966 or 67, superb example, and I would consider a sale or swap for another nice USA guitar.

: : I have a fender coronado, no clue what year

: Fender Coronados and Coronado II's do not follow the rules when it comes to dating them. I have seen 1968's with sr# in the 500,000's. I have a 1968 that is SR# 269??? (sorry can't remember the last 3 digets) I varified the year by cross checking the neck stamp. The problem with this is that it has the same neck one would find on several other style of fenders. So some instruments that came out in 1968 have neck dates of 1966, some even from 1965. Dificult bussiness.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.