Fender acustic guitar "Labrea"

Posted by Jay on Mon, 12/31/01 - 11:57:13.

Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hi guitar-fan-boys, I come

Hi guitar-fan-boys,

I come from Finland.

I Bought Black La Brea in 1994. Guitar was used (second hand) and electronics was not working at the time.

There was a slight dent on the 14th fret in the upper-E-string, which luckily was only noticable when bending that position. So it was no PRIMA - that's for sure :)

Guitar cost 1500 Finnish Marks, and that time it ment 357 americanos dollares :)

I really liked it's big body, and the solo groove made it easy to play even the highest frets.

Black finish also looked cool - at that time we had in Finland almost monopoly of natural finish acustics. I still don't feel attraction towards them.

What model I really like to get my hands on, is a Gibson Hummingbird. We have one in town at the moment, but it costs 2400 euros comes to 3004 USD..

Re: Fender acustic guitar

: Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful

my husband wants one if you want to sell contact me.

: Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful

http://www.fender.com/support/acoustics.php go to this link.It will give you a general idea of what your guitarsold for new.

hey man...i just bought a labrea yesterday at a pawn shop ...maybe it's the one you are looking for

My freind bought one the other day, a 1991 la brea black cutaway with 2 knobs for electronics, she gave $300 for it, I hope this helps you, jim.

Re: Fender acustic guitar "Labrea"

I bought one 2 years ago from my neighbor and I had a new nut put on it,and the neck straightened. It sounds good for what it is. My neighbor paid $450 new.

HOLY SHIT. that is my brother "John D" and he is a **** ing liar. I bought that fender labrea from the neighbor and sold it to him some years later, what a **** ing moron. I have since regain control over the guitar and lost it back to him and gotten it again. It is staying with me this time for it's superiority of an acoustical guitar. I strongly recomend any guitarsit that comes across this guitar to buy it for it has magnificent tone and it's durable more so than an electric guitar. Peace out. Jarrod

: HOLY SHIT. that is my brother "John D" and he is a **** ing liar. I bought that fender labrea from the neighbor and sold it to him some years later, what a **** ing moron. I have since regain control over the guitar and lost it back to him and gotten it again. It is staying with me this time for it's superiority of an acoustical guitar. I strongly recomend any guitarsit that comes across this guitar to buy it for it has magnificent tone and it's durable more so than an electric guitar. Peace out. Jarrod

Who has the upper hand now bitch.
I got it.

Did you find any information on the La Brea? I've got one also and want to know what it is worth? Let me know if you found any info...thanks.: Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful

I just read about this guitar, i bought one today from a freind who owned it and never learned to play it. its a fender la brea, with a strat like key setup, all six on one side, cut away design, a volume and a tone knob, paid $200, i just liked it and had to have it, if you've any info on it let me know

The LeBrea is Korean Made 1987-1992 and came in Black and natural wood. The neck and head stock are Stratocaster style. The body is standard dreadnaught with a cut away. They went for about $400-450 new. I have had mine since 94 and still love it. The original passive pickup was crap. I replaced mine with a fishman premium blend and I love the sound. It has been a durable, dependable, fun guitar that is still easy on the eyes even after 13 years of traveling and being bumped around. I am keeping mine.

I bought mine in 1987 at an Air Force BX in Germany. Fantastic guitar, still have it, still play it once in a while. Extremely durable, very fast action, bright sound. It's amazing how much I learned playing it and even more so to think I play a lot of barres. The electronics do suck, though.

oh yeah, I paid $450.00 in 1987.

Re: Fender La Brea

Hi Guys I owned a labrea 17 yrs ago. I loved it. However, the pick up was screw and i changed it to a fishman's. Paid about Singapore dollars $700 in 1988. Still sounds great!

my fender le brea i got it for $170.00 great sound found out it was worth around $800.00
when it came out

: my fender le brea i got it for $170.00 great sound found out it was worth around $800.00
: when it came out
ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH ITS WORTH NOW?

: Did you find any information on the La Brea? I've got one also and want to know what it is worth? Let me know if you found any info...thanks.: Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful
I would like to find one for sale. If any one is interested in selling...... rmclean1@woh.rr.com

: : Did you find any information on the La Brea? I've got one also and want to know what it is worth? Let me know if you found any info...thanks.: Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful
: I would like to find one for sale. If any one is interested in selling...... rmclean1@woh.rr.com
There is currently one on Ebay, 4 days left, price is now 305.00, looks really sharp, black. Only one there is you do a Fender La Brea search.

: : : Did you find any information on the La Brea? I've got one also and want to know what it is worth?

My my bought me one (with a 2 speaker craft amp) for our wedding. Around 2-3 months after we moved to Australia it was stolen out of the car (Only in there for a short time...but it was enough). I miss that guitar. Very nice sound for the price. Nice slim neck. Cot around $450 or so new back in 92.

There is a Fender LaBrea, Black, at Guitar Crazy in Portland Oregon for around $225. Seems like a reasonable price for a good sounding, slightly odd looking guitar.

: Did you find any information on the La Brea? I've got one also and want to know what it is worth? Let me know if you found any info...thanks.: Does anyone have any information on a Fender acustic guitar named Labrea. My brother bought it around 1994. It is a acustic electric with a neck like a telecaster. Any information on this guitar and what it might be worth would be helpful

In Holland it's worth approx. $ 850.
Nice sound, very light player!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.