Re: Fender Flame

Advertisement
Posted by Adam S on Sun, 01/13/02 - 04:18:30.

: I have a early 80s Fender Flame (looks like a Les Paul) guitar and was looking for information on it. I know this guitar is rare but was wondering how rare. Any comments?
: -bob

The Fender flame was produced in 1984 only and came in three models: the ultra, base w/trem and base as far as I have seen they were only available in black with ivory binding and a sunburst finish. The electronics, hardware humbuckers and trem were all unique to the flame so if your copy is in good condition great but if not good luck finding factory replacement parts. As far as rarity goes Fender only produced 800 instruments in 1984 according to a guitar history buff I know who specializes in yhis area. In my experience I have only seen or heard of four; mine, yours, and two that sold on e-bay. If you have other questions I have more info feel free to e-mail me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Fender flame

I have one too. I love this guitar and never was able to part with it. I actually sold my SRV edition strat last year when someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I love how meaty this guitar sounds and the shape of the neck. And it sustains forever. I bought it in high school in 84. I have the sunburst model. I have a pickguard on mine (gibson type) that I honestly can't remember if I had the guitar shop add on or not. I only changed two things on this guitar over the years - the front pickup with something a little dirtier and the knobs. I am going to check and try to find my receipt to see if it was factory or not. I think I still have the knobs and front p/u too.

: : I have a early 80s Fender Flame (looks like a Les Paul) guitar and was looking for information on it. I know this guitar is rare but was wondering how rare. Any comments?
: : -bob

: The Fender flame was produced in 1984 only and came in three models: the ultra, base w/trem and base as far as I have seen they were only available in black with ivory binding and a sunburst finish. The electronics, hardware humbuckers and trem were all unique to the flame so if your copy is in good condition great but if not good luck finding factory replacement parts. As far as rarity goes Fender only produced 800 instruments in 1984 according to a guitar history buff I know who specializes in yhis area. In my experience I have only seen or heard of four; mine, yours, and two that sold on e-bay. If you have other questions I have more info feel free to e-mail me.

I have a fender flame 1984 black. my friend bought it new and played it for 2 seconds then put it away. he asked me to go get it and i could keep it when he moved out west. im left handed so i cant play it so here it sits. sure is a cool axe thou. wish i could play it.

i have been looking up net for info as i have fender flame elite also just would like to know more about it

: : I have a early 80s Fender Flame (looks like a Les Paul) guitar and was looking for information on it. I know this guitar is rare but was wondering how rare. Any comments?

: The Fender flame was produced in 1984 only and came in three models: the ultra, base w/trem and base as far as I have seen they were only available in black with ivory binding and a sunburst finish. The electronics, hardware humbuckers and trem were all unique to the flame so if your copy is in good condition great but if not good luck finding factory replacement parts. As far as rarity goes Fender only produced 800 instruments in 1984 according to a guitar history buff I know who specializes in yhis area. In my experience I have only seen or heard of four; mine, yours, and two that sold on e-bay. If you have other questions I have more info feel free to e-mail me.

I must have number 5! Pearlescent white-ish/yellow-ish color, "Flame" and "Elite" on headstock. Black binding and 2 humbuckers with a small silver toggle that I think splits the coil-not sure. If anyone has any info regarding this guitar please respond. I aquired this piece about 2 months ago and I can't find anyone who knows anything about it. Please help me figure out what I have and what shes worth. And, NO, it is not for sale.

: : : I have a early 80s Fender Flame (looks like a Les Paul) guitar and was looking for information on it. I know this guitar is rare but was wondering how rare. Any comments?
: : : -bob

: : The Fender flame was produced in 1984 only and came in three models: the ultra, base w/trem and base as far as I have seen they were only available in black with ivory binding and a sunburst finish. The electronics, hardware humbuckers and trem were all unique to the flame so if your copy is in good condition great but if not good luck finding factory replacement parts. As far as rarity goes Fender only produced 800 instruments in 1984 according to a guitar history buff I know who specializes in yhis area. In my experience I have only seen or heard of four; mine, yours, and two that sold on e-bay. If you have other questions I have more info feel free to e-mail me.

: I must have number 5! Pearlescent white-ish/yellow-ish color, "Flame" and "Elite" on headstock. Black binding and 2 humbuckers with a small silver toggle that I think splits the coil-not sure. If anyone has any info regarding this guitar please respond. I aquired this piece about 2 months ago and I can't find anyone who knows anything about it. Please help me figure out what I have and what shes worth. And, NO, it is not for sale.

: : : : I have a early 80s Fender Flame (looks like a Les Paul) guitar and was looking for information on it. I know this guitar is rare but was wondering how rare. Any comments?
: : : : -bob

: : : The Fender flame was produced in 1984 only and came in three models: the ultra, base w/trem and base as far as I have seen they were only available in black with ivory binding and a sunburst finish. The electronics, hardware humbuckers and trem were all unique to the flame so if your copy is in good condition great but if not good luck finding factory replacement parts. As far as rarity goes Fender only produced 800 instruments in 1984 according to a guitar history buff I know who specializes in yhis area. In my experience I have only seen or heard of four; mine, yours, and two that sold on e-bay. If you have other questions I have more info feel free to e-mail me.

: : I must have number 5! Pearlescent white-ish/yellow-ish color, "Flame" and "Elite" on headstock. Black binding and 2 humbuckers with a small silver toggle that I think splits the coil-not sure. If anyone has any info regarding this guitar please respond. I aquired this piece about 2 months ago and I can't find anyone who knows anything about it. Please help me figure out what I have and what shes worth. And, NO, it is not for sale.

This is a very nice guitar, and the color that you have is even harder to find. It seems to me that the black model is much easier to find. Elite's usually go for around $1000, but if its in perfect condition with that serial number, you might be able to get more for it.

i have recently aquired a flame sunburst with dot markers flame scrolled in the headstock,binding throughout the neck and body,it an awesome guitar the p/u's look like asat tele humbuckers.i'm also interested in the rareity of this guitar and the value today any one with info please let me know.thanx alot
joe

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.