Re: Coronado II bass?

Posted by Jim Howard on Sat, 02/09/02 - 13:16:33.

: Saw one of these for sale recently and was curious about the sound quality and its value. Hollow body bass, completely bound including F holes. Sort of green mint/mist color, 2 (single coil?) pickups. Is this a good or great bass? Asking price is $650. Any opinions out there? Thanks.

Hi:

I own a 1968 Fender Coronado Bass II which I purchased new in Boston. I am a former instructor at Berklee. It is lousy for hard rock, but if you want as close to "upright" as you can get, put nylon strings on it and you fool 90% of the population, especially on the lower end. It has the original pickups, but I had to redo the pots about a year ago. I shaved the frets off about 15 years ago and I would not trade it for anything. The only thing I wish is that it has a 5th string!I use it for recording and play in a small jazz quartet.

Thanks, Jim

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.