Japanese Iron Maiden Fender Stratocasters

Posted by Lou Roi on Wed, 04/24/02 - 10:51:55.

Anyone,

I just bought the Iron Maiden Japanese Strat. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how the Japanese Strat compares to the American. Are they junk? Are they not worth buying for any reason? The guitar seems to be made well; and, it seems to play real nice. I just want to be reassured that I made a wise purchase. Originally, at the same price range, I was looking to get an Ibanez RG series guitar, but went with the Fender instead. Is there anything I should know about the particular model, or, about Japanese Strats in general. What year was the Iron Maiden model first produced - 95/96 or 2001? Is it considered a Signature guitar. Finally, the first and second strings (E and B) seem to be slightly dampened and buzzy sounding, could it possibly be due to the Floyd Rose locking tremolo system or perhaps the slinky .009 Fender strings that are on the guitar. Is this a common condition found on this model of guitar?

I would appreciate any info or advice.

Thank you.

Lou Roi
CrimsonRoi@AOL.com

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Japanese Iron Maiden Fender Stratocasters

Fuji Gen-Gakki, best known for building Ibanez brand guitars, were chosen to build Fender Japan instruments. So if you want an Ibanez buy an Ibanez. Why buy a Fender that is really an Ibanez? Buy a Prestige American made Ibanez if you must. Cheapskates buy Asian.

: Anyone,

: I just bought the Iron Maiden Japanese Strat. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how the Japanese Strat compares to the American. Are they junk? Are they not worth buying for any reason? The guitar seems to be made well; and, it seems to play real nice. I just want to be reassured that I made a wise purchase. Originally, at the same price range, I was looking to get an Ibanez RG series guitar, but went with the Fender instead. Is there anything I should know about the particular model, or, about Japanese Strats in general. What year was the Iron Maiden model first produced - 95/96 or 2001? Is it considered a Signature guitar. Finally, the first and second strings (E and B) seem to be slightly dampened and buzzy sounding, could it possibly be due to the Floyd Rose locking tremolo system or perhaps the slinky .009 Fender strings that are on the guitar. Is this a common condition found on this model of guitar?

: I would appreciate any info or advice.

: Thank you.

:
: Lou Roi
: CrimsonRoi@AOL.com

man my jap squire totally rocks. the pick up system is strange though. its not a 5-way switch like regular strats. but it has 3 toggle switches that moves back and forth to turn on and off the different pickups. its pretty cool. the neck on this thing is sooooooo fast and smooth. im goin to make it my #1 metal guitar and leave my Sheraton for more rock and jazz stuff. hang on to your strat. they rock

: I would like to purchase a Fender Iron Maiden stratocaster. can anyone tell me where I can find one?

: I just bought the Iron Maiden Japanese Strat. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how the Japanese Strat compares to the American. Are they junk? Are they not worth buying for any reason? The guitar seems to be made well; and, it seems to play real nice. I just want to be reassured that I made a wise purchase. Originally, at the same price range, I was looking to get an Ibanez RG series guitar, but went with the Fender instead. Is there anything I should know about the particular model, or, about Japanese Strats in general. What year was the Iron Maiden model first produced - 95/96 or 2001? Is it considered a Signature guitar. Finally, the first and second strings (E and B) seem to be slightly dampened and buzzy sounding, could it possibly be due to the Floyd Rose locking tremolo system or perhaps the slinky .009 Fender strings that are on the guitar. Is this a common condition found on this model of guitar?

: I would appreciate any info or advice.

: Thank you.

:
: CrimsonRoi@AOL.com

Lou Roi

90s Japenese Strats are fast becoming recognised as some of the best Strats Fender ever made
(better quality than the USA cost cutting post 90s Strats) Check out the heel of the neck, a Made In Japan sticker
should be under the laquer (for a 90s jap strat, i think!). Fender could'nt have their budget guitars sounding better than their USA
made counterparts, thats why there budget range is being made in Mexico, (think about it).

: : Anyone,

: : I just bought the Iron Maiden Japanese Strat. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how the Japanese Strat compares to the American. Are they junk? Are they not worth buying for any reason? The guitar seems to be made well; and, it seems to play real nice. I just want to be reassured that I made a wise purchase. Originally, at the same price range, I was looking to get an Ibanez RG series guitar, but went with the Fender instead. Is there anything I should know about the particular model, or, about Japanese Strats in general. What year was the Iron Maiden model first produced - 95/96 or 2001? Is it considered a Signature guitar. Finally, the first and second strings (E and B) seem to be slightly dampened and buzzy sounding, could it possibly be due to the Floyd Rose locking tremolo system or perhaps the slinky .009 Fender strings that are on the guitar. Is this a common condition found on this model of guitar?

: : I would appreciate any info or advice.

: : Thank you.

: :
: : Lou Roi
: : CrimsonRoi@AOL.com

: 90s Japenese Strats are fast becoming recognised as some of the best Strats Fender ever made
: (better quality than the USA cost cutting post 90s Strats) Check out the heel of the neck, a Made In Japan sticker
: should be under the laquer (for a 90s jap strat, i think!). Fender could'nt have their budget guitars sounding better than their USA
: made counterparts, thats why there budget range is being made in Mexico, (think about it).

Miles,

Thank you for your response. have to admit, when I first bought the instrument, I was apprehensive. Since then, I have done a lot of research and even found a site where there were approximately 10 individual reviews for the Iron Maiden Strat, and all were very positive. In general, people have very good things to say about Fender Japanese instruments. The bottom line is that I love the way the guitar sounds, looks and plays. I also have to put the purchase in to its proper perspective: I set out to buy a Japanese guitar in that price range in the first place and that is just what I did, with the added bonus of it just happening to be a collectible Fender Stratocaster. One certainly can't go wrong with that.

Again, thank you.

Lou

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.