Fender El Rio (Japan)

Posted by Boyyen on Fri, 05/31/02 - 10:46:20.

I own a Fender El Rio (1983 - Japan)........any clues on it's current value??? They were around $650 / £550 in the 80's!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Fender El Rio

Hi I have a fender el Rio that I want to sell. I bought it a couple years ago at an estate sale and it has been modified so I don't really know how much it's worth. If anyone can help me find that out I'd be glad to email you pictures.

Fender El Rio

I have a El Rio and I am selling it ,,One person asked for the serial #...I looked it over a cudn't find it any where No labal in the sound hole.. Does this comply with all of them..?

Looking to purchase a fender el rio.

I anyone would like to sell there Fender el rio I'm interested.

Darrell.

el rio

Hi Darrel, I have one. Where are you based?

Fender el rio

I live in Canada and the province is Alberta. Where are you located? My cell is 403-977-1xxx.

Thanks, Darrell.

Re: Fender El Rio (Japan)

: I own a Fender El Rio (1983 - Japan)........any clues on it's current value??? They were around $650 / £550 in the 80's!

I have no Idea but if you find out can you let me know as I have a mint condition one purchased new in 1984. thanks Brett surfcentre@hotmail.com

Hi i now own a Fender El Rio and i would like to know what guage strings anyone thinks is best to have on it, thanks, Dale.

: Hi i now own a Fender El Rio and i would like to know what guage strings anyone thinks is best to have on it, thanks, Dale.
Hi Dale,
I use Di Adario light guage acoustic strings.

I have a very nice example for sale if anyone is interested? : : Hi i now own a Fender El Rio and i would like to know what guage strings anyone thinks is best to have on it, thanks, Dale.
: Hi Dale,
: I use Di Adario light guage acoustic strings.

I have a Mexican El-Rio. My friend imported it to the UK in '86, and I have owned it since '95. This is the best guitar I have ever owned. A few yrs ago it was valued @ £1000 ($1500) for insurance purposes. However, as guitar prices have dropped (and quality gone up!), I had it re-valued in Aug 2003 - the result was £550, about $800ish :o( This doesn't really matter though, the guitar is so good, I'll never sell it!

I just bought an el rio at a swap meet....Beautiful guitar, beautiful sound but the action is out some....is this a big deal? Anyone know the value canadian?

: : I own a Fender El Rio (1983 - Japan)........any clues on it's current value??? They were around $650 / £550 in the 80's!

: I have no Idea but if you find out can you let me know as I have a mint condition one purchased new in 1984. thanks Brett surfcentre@hotmail.com

Hi there I live ion Englandand I managed to get one from a local music shop last year for $450. Value? If anyone wants to buy mine then I wouldn't consider anything less than $1000. It's a great guitar. I even sold my Martin DM after I got the El Rio.

: : : I own a Fender El Rio (1983 - Japan)........any clues on it's current value??? They were around $650 / £550 in the 80's!

: : I have no Idea but if you find out can you let me know as I have a mint condition one purchased new in 1984. thanks Brett surfcentre@hotmail.com

: Hi there I live ion Englandand I managed to get one from a local music shop last year for $450. Value? If anyone wants to buy mine then I wouldn't consider anything less than $1000. It's a great guitar. I even sold my Martin DM after I got the El Rio.

I HAVE A FENDER EL RIO. PURCHASED IN 1984. GREAT SHAPE. INTERESTED IN SELLING. WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST A PRICE AND MAYBE A MARKET? THANKS

I have a fender el rio which I bought new 83/84

Anyone out there want to buy my El Rio which I bought brand new in 83/84.Its the sunburst.body model with the Stratocaster headstock and gold fender stamped machine heads and a bookmatched heronbone back,apparantley the leader of the models.Please get intouch on my email.Thanks Phill

Hi I'm in the UK and have a Fender El Rio - its a beautiful guitar but i have to let it go. Anyone got any idea of its value - or interested in buying it?

: Hi I'm in the UK and have a Fender El Rio - its a beautiful guitar but i have to let it go. Anyone got any idea of its value - or interested in buying it?
Hi Suse O
Do you still have your El Rio?
armacost1@aol.com

: Hi I'm in the UK and have a Fender El Rio - its a beautiful guitar but i have to let it go. Anyone got any idea of its value - or interested in buying it?
Hi Suse O
Do you still have your El Rio?
armacost1@aol.com

When I first got my El Rio, I had trouble finding much about it except the new price. I then found a thread in the UK and found out that over there, poeple with El Rio's wouldn't part with them and were suggesting that should they, they would want over $2000 Pounds. I then found otu that in the States, people seemed to think they were not worth $350.00 USD.
Personally, I've played many and O love the neck, fret board, the unique tone, and it is my favorite accoustic for recording.
I wouldn't sell mine for under $2000 Pounds. So I guess I will keep it forever.

: When I first got my El Rio, I had trouble finding much about it except the new price. I then found a thread in the UK and found out that over there, poeple with El Rio's wouldn't part with them and were suggesting that should they, they would want over $2000 Pounds. I then found otu that in the States, people seemed to think they were not worth $350.00 USD.
: Personally, I've played many and O love the neck, fret board, the unique tone, and it is my favorite accoustic for recording.
: I wouldn't sell mine for under $2000 Pounds. So I guess I will keep it forever.

You know, I could almost say what your comment is per batum.
I found the same links I think. The UK holds them highly.
I posted mine on ebay for 2500.00 after seeing the UK blogs and got responses that made it sound like I was out of my mind.

Now, it is my favorite accoustic and I wouldn't take 2500 or even 3000 for it. Like the NRA saying, you will take it only out of my cold dead hands.

By the way, the action is almost as low as my '69 SG's and I am working on some classical stuff. I played it daily for hours each day for a month and never once had to tune it and the intonation would make most jealous. It is by far the best value for the price I've ever had.

I just set up an Ibanez and it , as many others plays very well, but the El Rio blows them away hands down.

: : : : I own a Fender El Rio (1983 - Japan)........any clues on it's current value??? They were around $650 / £550 in the 80's!

: : : I have no Idea but if you find out can you let me know as I have a mint condition one purchased new in 1984. thanks Brett surfcentre@hotmail.com

: : Hi there I live ion Englandand I managed to get one from a local music shop last year for $450. Value? If anyone wants to buy mine then I wouldn't consider anything less than $1000. It's a great guitar. I even sold my Martin DM after I got the El Rio.

: I HAVE A FENDER EL RIO. PURCHASED IN 1984. GREAT SHAPE. INTERESTED IN SELLING. WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST A PRICE AND MAYBE A MARKET? THANKS

Yes!
It's a great guitar!!

Won't sell mine!!!

For less than 1250$.......

Tom /;o)

: : : : : I own a Fender El Rio (1983 - Japan)........any clues on it's current value??? They were around $650 / £550 in the 80's!

: : : : I have no Idea but if you find out can you let me know as I have a mint condition one purchased new in 1984. thanks Brett surfcentre@hotmail.com

: : : Hi there I live ion Englandand I managed to get one from a local music shop last year for $450. Value? If anyone wants to buy mine then I wouldn't consider anything less than $1000. It's a great guitar. I even sold my Martin DM after I got the El Rio.

: : I HAVE A FENDER EL RIO. PURCHASED IN 1984. GREAT SHAPE. INTERESTED IN SELLING. WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST A PRICE AND MAYBE A MARKET? THANKS

: Yes!
: It's a great guitar!!

: Won't sell mine!!!

: For less than 1250$.......

: Tom /;o)

: I HAVE A EL RIO HAD A YEAR, KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT, HAS HAD THE ELCTRICS PLAYED WITH NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET HOLD OF PARTS, WANT TO MAKE IT SOUND AS IT SHOULD. ANY INFO WOULD BE COOL.

I WAS GIVEN ONE RECENTLY AND IT PLAYS GREAT. THE PICKUP IS FANTASTIC BUT THE PREAMP..NOT SO GOOD. I BOUGHT A NEW PREAMP OFF EBAY, HAD TO HACK A HOLE IN THE SIDE TO MOUNT IT BUT IT'S NOW THE BEST ELECTRO I HAVE, RECORDED AND LIVE.
REPLACE THE PREAMP, GET IT PROFESSIONALLY SET UP AND IT'S A GUITAR FOR LIFE!!
: : I HAVE A EL RIO HAD A YEAR, KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT, HAS HAD THE ELCTRICS PLAYED WITH NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET HOLD OF PARTS, WANT TO MAKE IT SOUND AS IT SHOULD. ANY INFO WOULD BE COOL.
:

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.