David Gilmour kind of strap

Posted by cody on Mon, 02/20/06 - 09:42:40.

I have seen many pictures of david gilmour and every time I see him playing a guitar he uses one kind of a strap.
It looks like a really comfortable strap, because of the fabric.
(Probably Leather/Suede)
Does anybody know where I can get such a strap?

Thanks Already

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: David Gilmour kind of strap

The strap I think you are talking about was actually Jimi Hendrix's. It's the strap Hendrix used at Woodstock. It was bought for Gilmour by his wife for his birthday or something. I'm sure you could find something like it on ebay

Re: David Gilmour kind of strap

Close...It was owned by Hendrix and used at the isle of wight festival as well as the Atlanta Pop Festival among a few other shows. It was bought at auction by Mrs. Gilmour a birthday present and he has coninued to use it live.

I'm glad he uses it. He is certainly worthy and it's great to see such a historical item being used instead of sitting behind a glass case.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.