Can a TSL100 or 122 cover David Gilmour well?

Advertisement
Posted by Pugzly2000 on Wed, 08/08/01 - 17:07:28.

Hey people,

I am looking at new amps and I was thinking about a TSL. Can a TSL cover Gilmour well. I thinking mainly about the clean tone. If not, what would be a different amp that could?? I am looking for something relativly versatile.

Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Can a TSL100 or 122 cover David Gilmour well?

Well if you are looking for a combo, I would go with some sort of tube amp like a 60's Fender Twin Reverb or something to that sort. If you are looking for heads and cabinets then I would naturally go far a Hiwatt. There is a David Gilmour signature head that Hiwatt makes and it is built to be an exact duplicate of the heads that he has always used. They also make a Gilmour signature of a combo that he used in the studio quite often. All of those Hiwatt amps only have clean channels. For distortion, you have to use pedals. If you are interested, try checking out http://www.hiwatt.co.uk/

See ya - Chris

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.