Ventura V-500 Lady Nelson

Posted by Bunny B on Thu, 11/11/04 - 07:16:26.
In Reply to Vintage Guitars

I am trying to find out when this guitar was made. I know it was made in Japan and that it was a proto-type. The serial number is 60805 if that helps. You can email me directly at <bbarnes@mciu.org> Thanks!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have this model of guitar

I have this model of guitar and I love it!! Music stores near you should be able to have a usable case for you. Mine is serial # 60779. I got it around 1978 from a luthier who worked at a music store and also with me on an assembly line. He knew guitars and thought this was a great deal. I don't remember what I paid then but I think it was under $100. The inlay work is incredible unlike the Esteban Duende I got from QVC which are just shitty decals. The sound is great considering the smaller body compared to a regular classical guitar.

Ventura V-500 Lady Nelson guitar

I bought the subject guitar circa 1975 (new) and now have given it my precious granddaughter. I am looking a good case for the guitar. Please help if you can!

Norman W Douglas

Re: Ventura V-500 Lady Nelson

Dunno, I have the same unit except S/N 76227. Would be interested in knowing what you find out. I know that my mother gave this guitar to my father as a gift in either 1975 or 1976 and it was new guitar when she bought it. Good Luck!

: I am trying to find out when this guitar was made. I know it was made in Japan and that it was a proto-type. The serial number is 60805 if that helps. You can email me directly at <bbarnes@mciu.org> Thanks!!

: : I am trying to find out when this guitar was made. I know it was made in Japan and that it was a proto-type. The serial number is 60805 if that helps. You can email me directly at <forbebe33@yahoo.com> Thanks!!

: : I contacted C. Bruno & Son's in San Antonio back in the late 80's in regard to my Lady Nelson. I spoke to a gent in the shop I believe. He remembered the guitar which was mfgd. by a Japaneese jobber to be cost effective because of the inlay work. I was told at that time there were 1000 produced between 74 & 76 but fewer than 500 made it back to the U S since the scaled down size fit those people so well they quickly bought them up. I was also told this guitar was a scaled down version of Willie's D-28 with the same neck dimentions, for his second wife Connie. This was debunked by Paul & Billy English Willie's drummers] this summer in Little Rock, saying, "Connie never played an instrument. But Willie did tell me when he autographed mine in 84, "This is a good damned guitar." I now have 33 signatures on mine.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.