1973 FENDER F-95 FLAT TOP ACCOUSTIC

Advertisement
Posted by DAVE FRIDLEY on Wed, 06/08/05 - 10:27:19.
In Reply to Vintage Guitars

I am trying to find out any info. on this guitar,such as original cost, materials in construction, and todays value.
It has a 3 pc. back, and the back and sides are brazilian rosewood. The soundboard is made from solid spruce and has a very tight grain pattern (15-20 lines per inch) There is no serial number inside of the body, only '1973 F-95 CUSTOM' is on the label. It is a very nice playing guitar, with tremendous timbre and sustain.
Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1973 FENDER F-95 Acoustic

I bought my F-95 in New Orleans, La. in 1979, when I bought my Martin D28. The music store had the Fender on their used rack. They wanted $350.00 for it, but I worked them down to $200.00, due to a slight string buzz when playing an 'open' Em.
I did some small neck adjustment and replaced the saddle (leaving it a bit taller than the worn original), which totally eliminated the buzz.
I am surprised to this day as to the amount of low end bass that this guitar produces...as well as how balanced the tone is across the string range (highs/ mids/ lows)
The timbre and sustain is comperable to guitars in a much higher price range.(Martin/Guild/Gibson) as well as the action, intonation, and playability. I do a good bit of fingerpicking, and this guitar has yet to dissappoint.....
Love the 3 piece back and overall asthetics.
Not a huge Fender acoustic fan...but this one is definitely a keeper.....

Re: 1973 FENDER F-95 FLAT TOP ACCOUSTIC

Hi I also own one of these beauties, I inherited it from my Mom and it is stamped 1973.5

Fender F-95

Dear Friend:

Do you still have your Fender F-95 and, if so, ist it for sale. I live about 20 miles from Martin Guitar; i.e., near Nazereth, PA. Please advise.

Paul Kramer
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
570-476-2950
samkan@epix.net

: I can add that the top is not solid spruce but is in fact a laminate - at elast in the early 70's models.

I also own an f95, inherited from my dad. Fender advise that this guitar was made between 1974 and 1980. It has rosewood back and sides with a solid spruce top, the head/neck material is not specified. It retailed at $520 USD.

Fender F-95

Dear Friend:

Do you still have your Fender F-95 and, if so, is it for sale? I live about 20 miles from Martin Guitar; i.e., near Nazereth, PA. Please advise.

Paul Kramer
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
570-476-2950
samkan@epix.net

I own a Fender F-95 I bought from the original owner in 2005.Mine is also spruce top and dark sides and back.not sure of year but in near perfect shape and beautiful sound and tone.I paid 4 figures.What are these instruments worth? Not for sale,just curious.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.