Vega guitar- wanting information

Posted by Donna on Thu, 11/17/05 - 15:59:58.
In Reply to Vintage Guitars

I have found a Vega guitar. The information with it says V845
and inside the guitar it says "Made in the Netherlands" and "A part of the CF MARTIN ORGANISATION" It appears to have been played very little but the finish shows slight cracking. Does anyone have any information as to the year and price of this guitar? Thank you

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Vega (about)

I have a Martin Vega V845. Made 1978 and with a retail price of $530. Quality instrument and after a few touches from my local luthier in top condtition nowadays. Wouldn't sell it for any price as it's a lifetime piece. On the other hand Vega guitars can have any price depending on model and condition (from $1 to priceless).

vega guitar

I have a vega guitar that I use a lot for gigs and at home there is no serial number on it and no model number, I hope someone can tell me when it was made. it is made from a light wood (neck, top, back and sides)with rosewood finger board mother of pearl inlays on the finger board and round the edge and hole. it was made in the Netherlands by CF martin Co. hope someone can help.

Pricing

I need to know the value of a Vega acoustic guitar that was made by the CF Martin Organization in the Netherlands in the 1970's. it is in good condition and sounds very good. Thank you

1970s Netherlands made Martin Vega

Mine was bought as a 21st present - couldn't afford a US Martin. Still a favourite guitar which has developed a superb rich tone over 40 years. I compare to my Lakewood, Gibson and Guild and find that the Vega can compete with the best. Having read of others having problems with parting necks, I treat it gently. But after 40 years, the action is still great, so no complaints.

Re: Vega guitar- wanting information

I have a brochure from that time I can send a scanned copy. Do you want to sell your V845? Where are you based?

: I have found a Vega guitar. The information with it says V845
: and inside the guitar it says "Made in the Netherlands" and "A part of the CF MARTIN ORGANISATION" It appears to have been played very little but the finish shows slight cracking. Does anyone have any information as to the year and price of this guitar? Thank you

Re: Vega guitar- wanting information

Martin bought the Vega Co. and made guitars there in the early-mid 1970's. Mine's got a nice low action and is of very light construction. Same crazing (cracking) on the varnish, too. Don't know what they're worth but I like mine.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.