Re: Ventura V-500 Lady Nelson

Advertisement
Posted by Kim Waddell on Thu, 06/18/09 - 10:20:07.

: : I contacted C. Bruno & Son's in San Antonio back in the late 80's in regard to my Lady Nelson. I spoke to a gent in the shop I believe. He remembered the guitar which was mfgd. by a Japaneese jobber to be cost effective because of the inlay work. I was told at that time there were 1000 produced between 74 & 76 but fewer than 500 made it back to the U S since the scaled down size fit those people so well they quickly bought them up. I was also told this guitar was a scaled down version of Willie's D-28 with the same neck dimentions, for his second wife Connie. This was debunked by Paul & Billy English {Willie's drummers] this summer in Little Rock, saying, "Connie never played an instrument. But Willie did tell me when he autographed mine in 84, "This is a good damned guitar." I now have 33 signatures on mine.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.