Re: Diastone Guitars

Posted by Colin Courtney on Sun, 10/03/04 - 10:30:40.

: : I know someone who is interested in purchasing a Diastone guitar. Please e-mail me with info on your guitar and a way to contact you. Thanks

: : : : : : I've been trying to track this company down with no luck. I've got a diastone martin clone uke. It is an excellent instrument, right up there with the martin as far as material, construction and craftsmanship. I've asked many experts on and off the web and it has drawn a blank from everyone. Did you ever find anything out, Chris?
: : : : : : Thanks,
: : : : : : Al
: : : : : I'm thrilled that there is life for the Diastone guitars. The thing that I heard back in '86 was that the Company had gone belly up in the late 70's.
: : : : : I'm pretty sure my LesPaul by Diastone is a '76.
: : : : : I'd love to see pics of your Diastone's
: : : : : take care
: : : : : Chris

: : : : I just put Diastone in, not believing anyone would be making enquiries about this guitar manufacturer. I have a DiastoneJumbo Acoustic Model No. W-20 purchased in 1976. Anyone else out there who can help or wants to purchase this Hi i have got a distone classical model #5dc958 it plays excellent and very fast and easy.

: Hi,
: I have just aquirred a Diastone 12 string acoustic, it sounds amazing. I know this post is old and probably been un used for a couple of ye3ars but any info on the company would be great, i know the guitar i have was originallyt bought for £249, but Diastone guitar company seems to be non existant
: Cheers A. Wilkinson
I've recently bought a 12 string Diastone and realised the model is WGT-65. See details uphill on this site. Sounds amazing once cleaned and serviced/tuned. Did u find out anything else? Is so pls let me know colinrcourtney@hotmail.com
Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

My Diastone story

In 1978 I won the grand prize at music store opening which happend to be a Diastone acoustic. At the time I didn't play and two weeks later I was in boot camp. It stay tucked away in my mom's sewing room for years. In the mean time my wife inherited her grandfathers Martin D18. Which I learned how to play on. About 20 years latter my mom calls and says she going to take the guitar in the sewing room to Goodwill if I don't come a pick it up. I get it home and put some new strings on it and holy sh_t that thing rung like a bell. Clear and loud really warm bass sound just awsome. It's a model SF - 118 with a solid top and mahogany body. It looks like a Martin D28 but with mahogany body not rosewood. Since I've rediscovered it I'm trying to find out more info on the Diastone brand. From other posts I gathered they made spot on copies of Martins and Gibsons using the same specs and materials. I don't think they made very many i've never seen another one. My D18 and my SF -118 are about the same age give or take a year or two. The Diastone is every bit the guitar that my Martin is. They are a great find if you can find any out there. I would like to know more if anyone can find more info.

Diastone W-700

I bought my diastone w-700 over 30 years ago from a second hand shop for $80 - the best thing I ever bought. Over the years I've played it to death - the frets and fretboard are almost worn out now, but it has always had the most beautiful tone. I don;t know how many times I've had offers for it from professional muso's but there is no way I'd sell. Everyone who has ever heard or played it comments that it's one of the best sounding guitars they've heard. No one has ever heard of the brand, and it looks like they're gone, but whoever built them really knew their stuff.

: : : I know someone who is interested in purchasing a Diastone guitar. Please e-mail me with info on your guitar and a way to contact you. Thanks

: : : : : : : I've been trying to track this company down with no luck. I've got a diastone martin clone uke. It is an excellent instrument, right up there with the martin as far as material, construction and craftsmanship. I've asked many experts on and off the web and it has drawn a blank from everyone. Did you ever find anything out, Chris?
: : : : : : : Thanks,
: : : : : : : Al
: : : : : : I'm thrilled that there is life for the Diastone guitars. The thing that I heard back in '86 was that the Company had gone belly up in the late 70's.
: : : : : : I'm pretty sure my LesPaul by Diastone is a '76.
: : : : : : I'd love to see pics of your Diastone's
: : : : : : take care
: : : : : : Chris

: : : : : I just put Diastone in, not believing anyone would be making enquiries about this guitar manufacturer. I have a DiastoneJumbo Acoustic Model No. W-20 purchased in 1976. Anyone else out there who can help or wants to purchase this Hi i have got a distone classical model #5dc958 it plays excellent and very fast and easy.

: : Hi,
: : I have just aquirred a Diastone 12 string acoustic, it sounds amazing. I know this post is old and probably been un used for a couple of ye3ars but any info on the company would be great, i know the guitar i have was originallyt bought for £249, but Diastone guitar company seems to be non existant
: : Cheers A. Wilkinson
: I've recently bought a 12 string Diastone and realised the model is WGT-65. See details uphill on this site. Sounds amazing once cleaned and serviced/tuned. Did u find out anything else? Is so pls let me know colinrcourtney@hotmail.com
: Thanks

Hey folks i've got a Diastone 'Les Paul' model six stings electrical guitar for sale. Anyone interested let me know ASAP! You can contact me at markclarke143@hotmail.com

I just got a diastone and was wondering how much it may be worth. If there is any one out there that could give me any info it would be great!

: : : I know someone who is interested in purchasing a Diastone guitar. Please e-mail me with info on your guitar and a way to contact you. Thanks

: : : : : : : I've been trying to track this company down with no luck. I've got a diastone martin clone uke. It is an excellent instrument, right up there with the martin as far as material, construction and craftsmanship. I've asked many experts on and off the web and it has drawn a blank from everyone. Did you ever find anything out, Chris?
: : : : : : I'm thrilled that there is life for the Diastone guitars. The thing that I heard back in '86 was that the Company had gone belly up in the late 70's.

: : : : : I just put Diastone in, not believing anyone would be making enquiries about this guitar manufacturer. I have a DiastoneJumbo Acoustic Model No. W-20 purchased in 1976. Anyone else out there who can help or wants to purchase this Hi i have got a distone classical model #5dc958 it plays excellent and very fast and easy.

: : I have just aquirred a Diastone 12 string acoustic, it sounds amazing. I know this post is old and probably been un used for a couple of ye3ars but any info on the company would be great, i know the guitar i have was originallyt bought for £249, but Diastone guitar company seems to be non existant
: I've recently bought a 12 string Diastone and realised the model is WGT-65. See details uphill on this site. Sounds amazing once cleaned and serviced/tuned. Did u find out anything else? Is so pls let me know colinrcourtney@hotmail.com
I also have a Diastone WGT-65, 12 string, amazing sound, and I am looking for any information on this guitar. Does anyone know where I can find out about it?

I've recently inherited a diastone 6 string, but i don't have a clue who diastone are. All it says is "Diastone model no. w-700". It sounds GREAT and i would realy like to know how much its worth. Im not interested in selling it but i'd like to know all the same. Can somone help me?

I own a Diastone W-700, that i have had since 82, got it in a junk shop in the UK for 5 Pound because it was full of crap and strings missing. A wonderfull guitar, lovely mellow sound and playability, i was lucky to find it and will be buried with it. Get in touch at my email and could swap pics. crazydiamond55@hotmail.com

: : : Ii have a diastone guitar in purchased in Montgomery Alabama in 1970 i would like to sell it ,i gave 475.00 when i purchased it know someone who is interested in purchasing a Diastone guitar. Please e-mail me with info on your guitar and a way to contact you. Thanks

I got one for sale

: I have one in great condition with case i will consider selling . It is a acoustic 6 string model number is SF118

Email me at mikeseaburn@comcast.net and I will send photos of the Diastone acoustic. It looks.plays and even sounds like a martin d series guitar. I held it up next to one in a local music store and asked others for a blind comparison. Its really good .I got mine from a guy that bought his in Japan .Yep another great Jap copy I was told that Diastone built some after specs and tooling for martin guitars in the 70s. I also like 80s Jap made fender strats as they too are great to compare with mexican strats and of equal or better quality than todays American strats. KONICHIWA

I realise this is an old post but I have just found it. I own a Diastone 6 String F600. My wife worked in a music shop in the mid 70's, this guitar was damaged in transit,
repaired and she bought it for me for £24.
I had always assumed that it was a cheap guitar until I picked up a friends ludicrously expensive acoustic (don't recall the make but it cost £1600) and it was no better than mine either in playing action or tone. I recall reading a write up somewhere about Diastone guitars and they were said to be as good as the Martin guitars on which they were modelled. I won't be selling mine but thought I would throw my bit into the ring albeit 4 years after the original post

Hi guys;

I purchased a Diastone 6 string Acoustic in 1976
From George Heinel & Sons down town Toronto. One of Georges son' Rick Made a black ebony bridge with mother of pearl inlays of two birds and added mother of pearl spots on the back and and the neck. Also put on new and better tuning pegs made in West Germany ( they have an S symbol on them.)
The serial number of the guitar is 73092601, which could mean that it was the first one made on the 26th Sept 1973. just a guess. Anyway I have owned this guitar since then and it has always sounded great. I have had professional muscians play it and comment on what a great sound it has for an unknown guitar. Just thought I would pass this on. I don't know if George Heinel & son's is still in business but if so they may be able to provide some insite into what happened to the Diastone Guitar company.

Regards Colin Mac Donald

Re: Stratavarious Violin

Hi: I have a stratavarios violin. The bow was valued over $3,000. I have heard that
there was 10 per cent of these violins made without the sounding post. Mine was one in that 10 per cent. Would it be possible to get an accurate appraisal done on this instrument. Looking forward to hearing from you Thank you. Regards Barb.

i got one from my grand father and i was wondering if you know anything further on these guitars??

: : : : I know someone who is interested in purchasing a Diastone guitar. Please e-mail me with info on your guitar and a way to contact you. Thanks

: : : : : : : : I've been trying to track this company down with no luck. I've got a diastone martin clone uke. It is an excellent instrument, right up there with the martin as far as material, construction and craftsmanship. I've asked many experts on and off the web and it has drawn a blank from everyone. Did you ever find anything out, Chris?
: : : : : : : : Thanks,
: : : : : : : : Al
: : : : : : : I'm thrilled that there is life for the Diastone guitars. The thing that I heard back in '86 was that the Company had gone belly up in the late 70's.
: : : : : : : I'm pretty sure my LesPaul by Diastone is a '76.
: : : : : : : I'd love to see pics of your Diastone's
: : : : : : : take care
: : : : : : : Chris

: : : : : : I just put Diastone in, not believing anyone would be making enquiries about this guitar manufacturer. I have a DiastoneJumbo Acoustic Model No. W-20 purchased in 1976. Anyone else out there who can help or wants to purchase this Hi i have got a distone classical model #5dc958 it plays excellent and very fast and easy.

: : : Hi,
: : : I have just aquirred a Diastone 12 string acoustic, it sounds amazing. I know this post is old and probably been un used for a couple of ye3ars but any info on the company would be great, i know the guitar i have was originallyt bought for £249, but Diastone guitar company seems to be non existant
: : : Cheers A. Wilkinson
: : I've recently bought a 12 string Diastone and realised the model is WGT-65. See details uphill on this site. Sounds amazing once cleaned and serviced/tuned. Did u find out anything else? Is so pls let me know colinrcourtney@hotmail.com
: : Thanks
: i got one from my grand father and i was wondering if you know anything further on these guitars??

My wife dug up her old guitar for our youngest boy to start to learn to play on and what came out of the case that hadn't been opened for 20 or so years was a fs-600 diastone guitar in mint shape .The neck is dead straight still and some of the veteren guitar players I know say its one of the nicest sounding guitars they've ever played or heard .It was purchased in 1974 from Pulitzer Music in Seaforth, Ontario ,Canada for between two or three hundred dollars.The small sticker on the back of the neck says made in Japan and the sticker inside says Diastone.

: : : : : I know someone who is interested in purchasing a Diastone guitar. Please e-mail me with info on your guitar and a way to contact you. Thanks

: : : : : : : : : I've been trying to track this company down with no luck. I've got a diastone martin clone uke. It is an excellent instrument, right up there with the martin as far as material, construction and craftsmanship. I've asked many experts on and off the web and it has drawn a blank from everyone. Did you ever find anything out, Chris?
: : : : : : : : : Thanks,
: : : : : : : : : Al
: : : : : : : : I'm thrilled that there is life for the Diastone guitars. The thing that I heard back in '86 was that the Company had gone belly up in the late 70's.
: : : : : : : : I'm pretty sure my LesPaul by Diastone is a '76.
: : : : : : : : I'd love to see pics of your Diastone's
: : : : : : : : take care
: : : : : : : : Chris

: : : : : : : I just put Diastone in, not believing anyone would be making enquiries about this guitar manufacturer. I have a DiastoneJumbo Acoustic Model No. W-20 purchased in 1976. Anyone else out there who can help or wants to purchase this Hi i have got a distone classical model #5dc958 it plays excellent and very fast and easy.

: : : : Hi,
: : : : I have just aquirred a Diastone 12 string acoustic, it sounds amazing. I know this post is old and probably been un used for a couple of ye3ars but any info on the company would be great, i know the guitar i have was originallyt bought for £249, but Diastone guitar company seems to be non existant
: : : : Cheers A. Wilkinson
: : : I've recently bought a 12 string Diastone and realised the model is WGT-65. See details uphill on this site. Sounds amazing once cleaned and serviced/tuned. Did u find out anything else? Is so pls let me know colinrcourtney@hotmail.com
: : : Thanks
: : i got one from my grand father and i was wondering if you know anything further on these guitars??

:
: My wife dug up her old guitar for our youngest boy to start to learn to play on and what came out of the case that hadn't been opened for 20 or so years was a fs-600 diastone guitar in mint shape .The neck is dead straight still and some of the veteren guitar players I know say its one of the nicest sounding guitars they've ever played or heard .It was purchased in 1974 from Pulitzer Music in Seaforth, Ontario ,Canada for between two or three hundred dollars.The small sticker on the back of the neck says made in Japan and the sticker inside says Diastone.

Hello, I`ve got a Diastone with sticker inside Model F-600 It says Made In Japan. It had a cracked bridge and my niece was going to throw it in the dumpster. She gave it to me and I repaired it ( I`m a woodworker ). This guitar has amazing sound for a smaller body and the neck has pretty good action.It is my main guitar as I`m an amateur and just play at home.Like most people though, I can`t get any info. and recieve blank looks when people hear the name Diastone. Any info at all would be appreciated.

It appears that this guitar was one of many built by the company called Hoshino Gakki, a japanese guitar maker that supplied parts and entire guitars for many of the major companies, like Gibson, Martin and eventually went on the create the Ibanez guitar company. The Tama company of drum fame, took over the acoustic guitar manufacture. The Diastone brand, and probably a dozen more "( )-Tone brands was one of many guitar produced by the company and sold to department stores and supermarkets. This was a time when manufacturers were flocking to Japan to get quality for cheap. A company would call and say, give me 300 acoutic guitar that look like this. Hoshino would make the guitars using the same production line. This may explain why the quality is good and that no-one has heard of them. I have a 12-string WGT-65 bought in Mississauga, On in 1973 for $465.

The search continues. If I get more info, I will post.

: : hi there i have a 12 string diastone and also have drawn a blank on finding out about the company all i have found out was they went bust in the late 70's and they did'nt scrimp on materials they built quality guitars match any of the top brands please let me no if you know more

I inharited a Diastone Guitar Model number W-700. Same goes everyone I mention it to has never heard of the company. I am trying to figure out the year my guitar was made, and have not been successful. If anyone knows anything about the company at hand please point me in the right direction to find the answer I am lookin for!!!

your guitar was made in 1972 and its a copy og martin d28 i have one and its the best playing guitar i have ever owen so your are very lucky to owen one

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.