royal artist guitar

Posted by kevin zimmerly on Sun, 11/27/05 - 16:45:38.
In Reply to Guitars Man

hi
i have a 1960's royal artist guitar from japan. i never seen one like it, it was given to me as a gift from a friend. it is a hollow body with 2 pickups,burgundy sun burst finish,whammy bar,nice body binding and a neck that hes at least 30 laminated pieces of maple. it looks like a MOSRITE guitar but hollow.
if any one can tell me about this guitatr it would be great
thanks
kevin zimmerly

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Bruno - Royal Artist Electric

We recently found one of these 6 string, hollow electric guitars in our attic. Missiong strings and knobs but other than that it looks great. What is some thing like this worth?

Thanks

Re: royal artist guitar

I have one too. I got it in 1969. I need to clean it up and see if it still works. It's been packed away a long time. I've been using a strat lately.

: hi
: i have a 1960's royal artist guitar from japan. i never seen one like it, it was given to me as a gift from a friend. it is a hollow body with 2 pickups,burgundy sun burst finish,whammy bar,nice body binding and a neck that hes at least 30 laminated pieces of maple. it looks like a MOSRITE guitar but hollow.
: if any one can tell me about this guitatr it would be great
: thanks
: kevin zimmerly

I have one that I bought from a friend of mine in 1972. It came with a small box amp for $50.00. I have literally worn the frets off this guitar and it has at least four paint jobs. It is pretty much solid black right now. I swapped out the pickups for some humbucking pickups and never looked back. I am wanting to get the frets replaced on it and keep on Rocking. I coupled it with a Fender pro Reverb amp with Celestion speakers. I get such amazing tonal qualities out of it. I also have an Ibanez Solid body which is very nice, But that Royal Artist is my baby.

: I have one too. I got it in 1969. I need to clean it up and see if it still works. It's been packed away a long time. I've been using a strat lately.

: : hi
: : i have a 1960's royal artist guitar from japan. i never seen one like it, it was given to me as a gift from a friend. it is a hollow body with 2 pickups,burgundy sun burst finish,whammy bar,nice body binding and a neck that hes at least 30 laminated pieces of maple. it looks like a MOSRITE guitar but hollow.
: : if any one can tell me about this guitatr it would be great
: : thanks
: : kevin zimmerly

: I have one that I bought from a friend of mine in 1972. It came with a small box amp for $50.00. I have literally worn the frets off this guitar and it has at least four paint jobs. It is pretty much solid black right now. I swapped out the pickups for some humbucking pickups and never looked back. I am wanting to get the frets replaced on it and keep on Rocking. I coupled it with a Fender pro Reverb amp with Celestion speakers. I get such amazing tonal qualities out of it. I also have an Ibanez Solid body which is very nice, But that Royal Artist is my baby.

: : I have one too. I got it in 1969. I need to clean it up and see if it still works. It's been packed away a long time. I've been using a strat lately.

: : : hi
: : : i have a 1960's royal artist guitar from japan. i never seen one like it, it was given to me as a gift from a friend. it is a hollow body with 2 pickups,burgundy sun burst finish,whammy bar,nice body binding and a neck that hes at least 30 laminated pieces of maple. it looks like a MOSRITE guitar but hollow.
: : : if any one can tell me about this guitatr it would be great
: : : thanks
: : : kevin zimmerly

I have one as well, but made in Korea. It is a violin hollow body 6 string. I paid $150 for it back in 1969. I did put now strings on it recently but the electronics don't seem to work.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.