Gibson ES 125 3/4T Value???

Posted by Julie on Wed, 12/07/05 - 15:16:56.
In Reply to Guitars Man

Hi,

I have a Gibson ES125 3/4 T that my grandfather left me after he died. I have had it for about 25 years now and would like to get some idea of the value on this guitar and maybe some background information. I am not sure what year it was made in, and don't really know how to find that out.

If anyone has any info or knows of some online source I would really appreciate any help.

TIA
Julie

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

your ES 125 3/4 T

It's been a long time....did you ever sell it?
I might be interested...still....

such sentimental value for me.....at age 72, I'm into sentimentality... lol

let me know...
thanks
Richard

ES 125T

My ES 125T is also a 1959 vinitage, currently the value is in the $1200 to 1500 range. It was made as a student guitar, but has a good sound and ages really well. I have had the pots and the wiring serviced and the sound is very Wes Montgomery

I am Selling a Guitar like That.

hello everyone, im selling one of those guitars is no not in really great condition but is Ok, if someone of you want to buy it, let me know, and i will send you pictures of it. Thanks

es-125

do you still have the guitar for sale???

Re: Gibson ES 125 3/4T Value???

: Hi,

: I have a Gibson ES125 3/4 T that my grandfather left me after he died. I have had it for about 25 years now and would like to get some idea of the value on this guitar and maybe some background information. I am not sure what year it was made in, and don't really know how to find that out.

: If anyone has any info or knows of some online source I would really appreciate any help.

: TIA
: Julie

I recently took mine to an "apraiser". I too was curious what the value of my guitar was. The serial # in mine is either S 1789 12 or 8 1789 12. From what the gentleman told me it is either a 1958 or 1959 worth $300- $350,after reading the follow-ups people sent you I wonder if I misunderstood, maybe mine is worth 3000. Mine has a crocodile case in bad shape, but the guitar is in excellent shape.

Hi, SuzyQJC,
I would probably give you $100 for it especially because it needs a case. I don't really think it's worth that much, but for me it has sentimental value. I'm now 63 and I took my first guitar lessons on the same guitar in 1961. I have no recall about what happened to it (maybe I sold it to your dad? LOL) but it would be fun to have again. If it's in good shape and you're interested, please let me know.
thx
Richard, Los Angeles
rstock2@ca.rr.com

hi julie,

in fact this type of guitar was for students, beacause it wasn't expensive model. So value depend with the birth of creation of your guitar and with the conservation. Value is better when all the element of your guitar are from the origin. The micro of this guitar, a P90 is one of the best to play jazz and blues.
So, i think that value is approximatively of 1000$ in us and 1500€ in europe.
Bye
Julien

Julien is correct... nominally about $1000 today in good condition. Mint or near mint can fetch approximately $1,300.00 to $1,500.00.

I, too, have one that is a one-owner, all original in mint to near mint condition with original sales tag and warranty form that was never filled out. It's a 1964 model. I recently
had it fitted to a new Gibson case, although I also have the original hardshell case.

I may contemplate selling it sooner or later. It's a classic little guitar and a charm to play.

: Julien is correct... nominally about $1000 today in good condition. Mint or near mint can fetch approximately $1,300.00 to $1,500.00.

: I, too, have one that is a one-owner, all original in mint to near mint condition with original sales tag and warranty form that was never filled out. It's a 1964 model. I recently
: had it fitted to a new Gibson case, although I also have the original hardshell case.

: I may contemplate selling it sooner or later. It's a classic little guitar and a charm to play.

I owned a es125 3/4t back in the 1960,s. I have been looking for one for a long time. If you know of one I woiuld be interested. Thanks, George

Vintage ES 125T 3/4

Hi George,

I happen to have one of these available. I'm based out of California

if interested please give me a shout.

best,

Devin

: : Julien is correct... nominally about $1000 today in good condition. Mint or near mint can fetch approximately $1,300.00 to $1,500.00.

: : I, too, have one that is a one-owner, all original in mint to near mint condition with original sales tag and warranty form that was never filled out. It's a 1964 model. I recently
: : had it fitted to a new Gibson case, although I also have the original hardshell case.

: : I may contemplate selling it sooner or later. It's a classic little guitar and a charm to play.

: I owned a es125 3/4t back in the 1960,s. I have been looking for one for a long time. If you know of one I woiuld be interested. Thanks, George

George, I have a nice one available.

R

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.