Diastone guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Sheila Coupal on Sat, 09/27/08 - 18:27:06.
In Reply to Guitars Man

I have a GW 65 diastone guitar that I want to sell. I bought it in the early '70s in Ottawa Canada. But I don't know what to ask for it. I heard it was made in Japan for Gibson when they were on strike.Is this true? It is a 6 string acoustic and is a red colour and in excellent shape.Looking forward for your reply.Thank you.
Sheila...pscoup@yahoo.com

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Diastone guitar

: Can ya send/or post me the serial numbers so I can see if it helps to date my own which is either a 63,69,0r 1971 thanks mikeseaburn@comcast.net
: I have a GW 65 diastone guitar that I want to sell. I bought it in the early '70s in Ottawa Canada. But I don't know what to ask for it. I heard it was made in Japan for Gibson when they were on strike.Is this true? It is a 6 string acoustic and is a red colour and in excellent shape.Looking forward for your reply.Thank you.
: Sheila...pscoup@yahoo.com

Sheila, I have a Diastone 12-string WGT-65 that I recently bought from a guy who paid $435 in 1971 in Toronto. In today's dollar that is about $2330. Having said that though, I cannot find any information about this guitar. I have asked vintage guitar experts and they are all stumped. My 12-string plays very sweetly and has great intonation. It sounds as good as any 12-string Gibson or Takemine, I have played. I bought mine for $750 just the other day. I held off finalizing the deal until I could determine if it was worth it, but as I mentioned, no one, and I mean NO ONE (except for this forum and one guy with a FLICR photo dossier) has heard of this guitar. So how do you value it?? I guess the only way is to sample a few guitars that cost sound better and worse and then average the price between them all. So my advice, charge $750, seems like a good value.

iwaskow1@sympatico.ca

Diastone guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Diastone guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.