Re: Diastone Guitars

Posted by Jean-michel on Wed, 04/23/03 - 18:22:27.

: : Would anyone have any information on the Diastone company that produced Les Paul Custom clones?
: : I have what I think is a '76 Les Paul Custom. It feels and plays like the a real Gibson. I've had it for 15 years now.
: : Would love some feedback on this!!
: : Thanks

Glad to see I'm not the only one falling for a DIASTONE !
I have mine since 1976 but could find nothing about the company. Mine is the cherryburst-6 strings- 20 frets WG-65 model . Couldn't find anything that sounds as good as HER .
Hope to read more about it someday ...
godbye to Randy , Cris and all Diastone lovers .
Jean-Michel

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Diastone SF-140 Acoustic Guitar

I am insuring my acoustic Diastone that is nowhere to be found on the net and it is righteous clean and in great condition. HELP!!!!!! What is it worth? 850 291 8540 thx,

Hey folks i've got a Diastone 'Les Paul' model six stings electrical guitar for sale. Anyone interested let me know ASAP!

: : : Would anyone have any information on the Diastone company that produced Les Paul Custom clones?
: : : I have what I think is a '76 Les Paul Custom. It feels and plays like the a real Gibson. I've had it for 15 years now.
: : : Would love some feedback on this!!
: : : Thanks

:
: Glad to see I'm not the only one falling for a DIASTONE !
: I have mine since 1976 but could find nothing about the company. Mine is the cherryburst-6 strings- 20 frets WG-65 model . Couldn't find anything that sounds as good as HER .
: Hope to read more about it someday ...
: godbye to Randy , Cris and all Diastone lovers .
: Jean-Michel
I have the wg 65 also and want to sell it.,but don't know what it's worth.I bought it new in Ottawa Canada.Could someone please reply.Thank you.
Sheila...e-mail pscoup@yahoo.com

: : : Would anyone have any information on the Diastone company that produced Les Paul Custom clones?
: : : I have what I think is a '76 Les Paul Custom. It feels and plays like the a real Gibson. I've had it for 15 years now.
: : : Would love some feedback on this!!
: : : Thanks

:
: Glad to see I'm not the only one falling for a DIASTONE !
: I have mine since 1976 but could find nothing about the company. Mine is the cherryburst-6 strings- 20 frets WG-65 model . Couldn't find anything that sounds as good as HER .
: Hope to read more about it someday ...
: godbye to Randy , Cris and all Diastone lovers .
: Jean-Michel

I have a 6 nylon strings acoustic guitar Diastone...
I want to sell it. Somebody know the real price ?
thank you for response
Jean-yves

: : : : Would anyone have any information on the Diastone company that produced Les Paul Custom clones?
: : : : I have what I think is a '76 Les Paul Custom. It feels and plays like the a real Gibson. I've had it for 15 years now.
: : : : Would love some feedback on this!!
: : : : Thanks

: :
: : Glad to see I'm not the only one falling for a DIASTONE !
: : I have mine since 1976 but could find nothing about the company. Mine is the cherryburst-6 strings- 20 frets WG-65 model . Couldn't find anything that sounds as good as HER .
: : Hope to read more about it someday ...
: : godbye to Randy , Cris and all Diastone lovers .
: : Jean-Michel

: I have a 6 nylon strings acoustic guitar Diastone...
: I want to sell it. Somebody know the real price ?
: thank you for response
: Jean-yves

Hi...Jean-Yves ... another french name .
I am Jean-Michel and MANDOWEB.COM just came up
to me with some stuff . DIASTONE is a japanese company and they don't make guitars anymore .
Mine was bought in 1975 for 125 dollars but I had
an offer in 82 some guy from MONTREAL .Instead of changing 2 frets ( 60 dollars ) would you believe he told me :
''TAKE THE BRAND NEW ONE YOU WANT IN EXCHANGE ''
The little store had some OVATION, TAKAMINE, NORMAN AND
even a few GIBSONS . I declined the deal .I would have made the mistake of a lifetime . I still have it and I wouldn't sell it now for 3 000 dollars . ALMOST 30 YEARS NOW...
IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN EVER ... If you realy want to sell it , find someone who plays for the sound and not to show off only , then he or she will be happy just as you .
Une guitare c'est aussi une amie ... salut !

I have a WG-65 acoustic that my mom caught at a garage sale dirt cheap... I noticed that WG-65 was mentioned earlier in this thread and I was wondering if there were any other makings on your guitar that would help me figure out what brand this thing is... I don't have any strings on it yet but its a nice looking guitar, its in great condition and without strings it feels solid (no cracks, or broken internal pieces)... Any information would be great, my email address is bulldawg__65@hotmail.com, email me if you have any information... I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Cody

Found this site after buying a Diastone 12-string from an Auction for £10 equivalent of c: $18. Nobody in that quiet suburb between Glasgow & Edinburgh knew the brand and, to be fair, neither did I. It sounded good with the 3 strings it had left, so, I took a gamble and restored it with new strings, an overhaul and a bit of fine tuning. Sounds terrific. I have a friend who is a keen 12-string guitarist and I will seek his opinion/ knowledge.
Know nothing else, however, I'm keen to know more. Anyone know the Model no' of the 12-string? Thanks.

: : : : Would anyone have any information on the Diastone company that produced Les Paul Custom clones?
: : : : I have what I think is a '76 Les Paul Custom. It feels and plays like the a real Gibson. I've had it for 15 years now.
: : : : Would love some feedback on this!!
: : : : Thanks

: :
: : Glad to see I'm not the only one falling for a DIASTONE !
: : I have mine since 1976 but could find nothing about the company. Mine is the cherryburst-6 strings- 20 frets WG-65 model . Couldn't find anything that sounds as good as HER .
: : Hope to read more about it someday ...
: : godbye to Randy , Cris and all Diastone lovers .
: : Jean-Michel

: I have a 6 nylon strings acoustic guitar Diastone...
: I want to sell it. Somebody know the real price ?
: thank you for response
: Jean-yves

Hi...Jean-Yves ... another french name .
I am Jean-Michel and MANDOWEB.COM just came up
to me with some stuff . DIASTONE is a japanese company and they don't make guitars anymore .
Mine was bought in 1975 for 125 dollars but I had
an offer in 82 some guy from MONTREAL .Instead of changing 2 frets ( 60 dollars ) would you believe he told me :
''TAKE THE BRAND NEW ONE YOU WANT IN EXCHANGE ''
The little store had some OVATION, TAKAMINE, NORMAN AND
even a few GIBSONS . I declined the deal .I would have made the mistake of a lifetime . I still have it and I wouldn't sell it now for 3 000 dollars . ALMOST 30 YEARS NOW...
IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN EVER ... If you realy want to sell them , find someone who plays for the sound and not to show off only , then he or she will be happy just as you .
Une guitare c'est aussi une amie ... salut !

Here's another player in the mix..I have a 6 string acoustic model # WG-65 Cherry Sunburst same as Jean-Michel.
I do know this model is a copy of The Gibson Hummingbird that was the conversation from store it was bought, it also has the bird and flowers on the Pick Guard same as the real thing. I estimate mine was bought in 75 or 76. I'm in total agreement the guitar sound and plays great, I've had it since brand new. The common denominator seems to be Gibson copies??...My hunch is maybe Gibson went on strike and the guitars were still maunufactured under the name Diastone. Keep on Srummin and Pickin.....Regards Terry
: : : : : Would anyone have any information on the Diastone company that produced Les Paul Custom clones?
: : : : : I have what I think is a '76 Les Paul Custom. It feels and plays like the a real Gibson. I've had it for 15 years now.
: : : : : Would love some feedback on this!!
: : : : : Thanks

: : :
: : : Glad to see I'm not the only one falling for a DIASTONE !
: : : I have mine since 1976 but could find nothing about the company. Mine is the cherryburst-6 strings- 20 frets WG-65 model . Couldn't find anything that sounds as good as HER .
: : : Hope to read more about it someday ...
: : : godbye to Randy , Cris and all Diastone lovers .
: : : Jean-Michel

: : I have a 6 nylon strings acoustic guitar Diastone...
: : I want to sell it. Somebody know the real price ?
: : thank you for response
: : Jean-yves

: Hi...Jean-Yves ... another french name .
: I am Jean-Michel and MANDOWEB.COM just came up
: to me with some stuff . DIASTONE is a japanese company and they don't make guitars anymore .
: Mine was bought in 1975 for 125 dollars but I had
: an offer in 82 some guy from MONTREAL .Instead of changing 2 frets ( 60 dollars ) would you believe he told me :
: ''TAKE THE BRAND NEW ONE YOU WANT IN EXCHANGE ''
: The little store had some OVATION, TAKAMINE, NORMAN AND
: even a few GIBSONS . I declined the deal .I would have made the mistake of a lifetime . I still have it and I wouldn't sell it now for 3 000 dollars . ALMOST 30 YEARS NOW...
: IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN EVER ... If you realy want to sell them , find someone who plays for the sound and not to show off only , then he or she will be happy just as you .
: Une guitare c'est aussi une amie ... salut !

WG-65 DIASTONE GUITAR/ APPRAISLE

Want to know approximately, not quote! What this guitar in great shape would be worth. Thank You!!

I have an acoustic model WG+65 that was previously owned by the bass player of Jerry Lee Lewis.He is willing to sign a certificate of authenticity of the years he owned the guitar while playing for Jerry Lee. Would like to know if anyone is interested in purchaseing it. It is Mohgany sides and back with a maple top.It playes beautifuly.Scroll work on backside of headkeys.You can contact me at my e-mail shane_bfmc@yahoo.com or call# 817-791-5239

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.