Re: How can i tell the difference

Posted by Kermit S. Payne Jr. on Wed, 06/27/01 - 01:30:19.

In response to the difference of the Vista Series Jagmaster guitars versus the newer ones. In January,2001 I purchased a Silver Sparkle model to replace my 65' Jazzmaster since I haven't gotten around to cutting out a Jazzmaster body to modify. The first thing I did was disassemble the guitar and compare it with my Jazzmaster. First, the guitar was made in CHINA with 21 frets instead of 22, and the scale is longer. The neck is thinner and the bodies are not routed the same as the Jaguar or the Jazzmaster. The strat type tremolo is okay for lowering the pitch, but have to be adjusted to do pull-ups as I did with my 64' Strat. The chinese versions are sold by Musicians Friend and The Guitar Center stores. The serial number and the Made in China is stamped on the backside of the peghead . As no schematic is available, I had to design my own. I contacted Fender here in Phoenix,Arizona to determine the year made as I have the original shipping box it came in. I hope this information is of some use to you and others with Jagmasters. I may invest in another with 22 frets and compare the Japanese versions as well. If I can be of further assistance,contact me at : nc2azfrog@yahoo.com

Sincerely, Kermit S. Payne

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.