MIJ Stratocasters

Posted by Dwight Listmayer on Sat, 10/09/04 - 17:59:02.

Hi. I see there's a good book out that is totally about the Stratocasters that were Made In Japan. Will put it on my wish list.

Also on ebay, I continue to check out some pretty nice Strat examples that are for sale in Tokyo, under bluzeyguitar and sixstringkatana.

Personally, while I like the MIJ Stratocasters for collecting purpose, I believe that if you're gonna actually play them, they sound better with American or aftermarket pickups of some kind. Mine are now custom ordered handwounds from ElectroKraft - www.harmonycentral.com for more info.

It's a good thing that these Japanese-made Strats are well built and can handle the addition of better quality pickups, and can be played very SERIOUSLY, just because they look & feel good ... good enough for the PRO's out there.

Yeah, when they were first introduced, Fender execs stateside thought they were a little too good. And I mean Dan Smith, for one. I thank Dan for all he did for the company.

Take care and appreciate your Strats, Canada's Strat Man

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.