Aria model A 551 B classical guitar

Posted by Jerry on Fri, 08/22/03 - 11:41:44.

Looking for help in dating and finding out this great sounding guitars worth.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Aria A551 b serial 104

Perfect sound and light wood How much de value of this

Re: Aria model A 551 B classical guitar

I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1964/65 for about $130. Mine has a serial number of 0359. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also. What would the price be to-day

: I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1963/64 for about $125. Mine has a serial number of 0359. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also. And what is the actual price to day for my Guitar.

: : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: I have one i bought about 3 years ago at a yard sale for $35

date made

I have an aria guitar modelA551b sn 2387 how old is this

: : : : I have a Aria Model A551B S/N 12945 I bought about 1975
it's done alot of traveling, Altamont Speedway Stone's Concert for one. I worked for Buck Owens Productions for 7yr's and the guitar was signed by Buck and his son Buddy Allen Owens. Whats it worth now?

: : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: : I have one i bought about 3 years ago at a yard sale for $35

:
: : : : : I have a Aria Model A551B S/N 12945 I bought about 1975
: it's done alot of traveling, Altamont Speedway Stone's Concert for one. I worked for Buck Owens Productions for 7yr's and the guitar was signed by Buck and his son Buddy Allen Owens. Whats it worth now?

: : : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: : : I have one i bought about 3 years ago at a yard sale for $35

I Bought A Aria A551 no letter serial 05462
for 40 bucks i have had offers for 1500$

: : I have A Aria A551B and the serial number is 00292. They started making these in 63, and stopped making them in the early 70's. They retailed for about $150 Back then. They also came out with a A551M in the early 80's. Made in china at that time, unlike the early ones made in Japan.
: : : : : : I have a Aria Model A551B S/N 12945 I bought about 1975
: : it's done alot of traveling, Altamont Speedway Stone's Concert for one. I worked for Buck Owens Productions for 7yr's and the guitar was signed by Buck and his son Buddy Allen Owens. Whats it worth now?

:
: : : : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : : : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: : : : I have one i bought about 3 years ago at a yard sale for $35

:
: I Bought A Aria A551 no letter serial 05462
: for 40 bucks i have had offers for 1500$

:
: : : : : I have a Aria Model A551B S/N 12945 I bought about 1975
: it's done alot of traveling, Altamont Speedway Stone's Concert for one. I worked for Buck Owens Productions for 7yr's and the guitar was signed by Buck and his son Buddy Allen Owens. Whats it worth now?

: : : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

I just started playing my mom's old A551B (It has to be about 30 years old) SN is 00586...it sounds great, and I'm loving playing it...and mom is ecstatic that it's not just collecting dust anymore. I'd also like more info.

I have an Aria classical guitar I bought new in San Francisco in early 1969. I paid $65.00 and it came with a hardshell (wooden) case. It is model A551 and SN is 08128. Not in very good shape after all these years, but still has great tone. Doesn't seem to be much info about these old guitars. Would be interested in any history or current value.

: : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: : I have one i bought about 3 years ago at a yard sale for $35

: I have an Aria classical guitar I bought new in San Francisco in early 1969. I paid $65.00 and it came with a hardshell (wooden) case. It is model A551 and SN is 08128. Not in very good shape after all these years, but still has great tone. Doesn't seem to be much info about these old guitars. Would be interested in any history or current value.

I purchased My Aria A551 s/n 00710 from a pawn shop for $100.00 back in 1994. It must be considerably older than I thought by the serial number. I figured late 60's early 70's. Made in Japan. Anyone found more information on this model?

Aria Model # show H FA 583 452717

I have and Aria FA 583, it was purchased as a gift for me about 1970 on the sticker inside it has the model number but no serial number, 452717 is stamped in the wood above the sticker. I think it was about $100.00 but I am unsure since it was a gift!!!!!!! I don't use it much but is in excellent condition and sounds great.

: : I have an Aria classical guitar I bought new in San Francisco in early 1969. I paid $65.00 and it came with a hardshell (wooden) case. It is model A551 and SN is 08128. Not in very good shape after all these years, but still has great tone. Doesn't seem to be much info about these old guitars. Would be interested in any history or current value.

: : : : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : : : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: I purchased My Aria A551 s/n 00710 from a pawn shop for $100.00 back in 1994. It must be considerably older than I thought by the serial number. I figured late 60's early 70's. Made in Japan. Anyone found more information on this model?

Hi, I have a Aria Model 551 Serial No. 344 and i bought it new in a shop in Germany at 1974 and i payed around 125 € at this time, that's all i can tell, and it's still in a very good condition, because barely played after the 70s Peter

I have a Shiro labeled A550 by Aria

I inherited the guitar from my late father, who purchased this guitar from Meyer-Musik Germany 1970, its exactly the same shape as the A551 by Aria, with some difference's.Has Brazilian Rio Rosewood back and sides, instead of Mahogany as the A551 of Aria, also according to my mother, item was purchased brand new, so how does a A551 b out date a previous model that was bought New in 1970? Is this guitar older than originally stated? Labeled Shiro after Shiro Arai founder of Aria Guitars.

I have a Shiro labeled A550 by Aria

I inherited the guitar from my late father, who purchased this guitar from Meyer-Music Germany 1970, its exactly the same shape as the A551 by Aria, with some difference's.Has Brazilian Rio Rosewood back and sides, instead of Mahogany as the A551 of Aria, also according to my mother, items was purchased brand new, so how does a A551 b out date a previous model that was bought New in 1970? Is this guitar older than originally stated?

Aria model no.a 551b

I picked up one of these at a pawn store as well.I paid $300.00 dollars for it and a soundhole pickup.I`m just now putting new strings on as the old ones were dead.it was labelled as being produced in the early 60`s.I thought it may be a bit pricey but the playability was just too exciting for me to pass up.I`ll keep you posted.I think it`s a beautiful classical guitar.

aria

i have such a modell, bought in the 80 ies, still today i am happy with my oldie...in the meanwhile i tested so manny guitars,

and found better ones only for much much more money....i recommend therfore these serials

Re: Aria Model A544 SN 00041

: : current value.

: I purchased My Aria A551 s/n 00710 from a pawn shop for $100.00 back in 1994. It must be considerably older than I thought by the serial number. I figured late 60's early 70's. Made in Japan. Anyone found more information on this model?

I purchased my Aria in January 1970 at Bernardos Guitar Shop on Brooklyn Avenue, East Los Angeles. I Paid $375 for it, new. It is among the oldest from Aria; Model A 544, SN 00041 Does anyone know current value of my beauty? info@agscan.net

My girlfriend has one of these guitars. She just brought it over here today, It says "2052" written on it and "a551" printed on a piece of paper inside it. It says "Japan" on the back of the headstock. I dont know anything else. Tell me what you think? Her grandmother bought it a long time ago, she says it was later sixties or early seventies... other then that she has no idea. I think it is pretty cool. Her brother put steel strings on it but I switched them for some nylons and it sounds very pretty to my ears. Its pretty sweet, I have never really played classical, mostly blues (gibson les pauls)

They say early 70 models don't have serial numbers, i have an Aria guitar, model No A-6 26 with no serial number. If anyone has info on this model that would be great.

I have a Aria Model A551B that I swapped for my old classical guitar. The serial number is 01221. The sound on it is fantastic too. I couldn't find any info on these guitars either.

I picked up this guitar off the street the people where going to give it away. It says 1960 on it. I don't know anything much. Have you found out anything?

My Aria Concert series model A551B serial no. 01122 was purchased in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada in 1969 for about $80.00 Canadian which at the time was about $95.00 American. It still looks great except for a couple of scratches and nicks. The sound is amazing. For the person who put steel strings on theirs, never do this as the steel puts too much stress on the neck. You couldn't pay me enough to part with it now.

: I have a Aria Model A551B that I swapped for my old classical guitar. The serial number is 01221. The sound on it is fantastic too. I couldn't find any info on these guitars either.

We purchased a Aria Classical Guitar in June, 1969 with a much earlier serial number. WE, also cannot find any information as to the value. Thought the date of purchase may be of some help to you. Have you come up with any other information since your posting?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.