Asturias Classical AST40

Posted by Gary on Mon, 04/05/04 - 12:54:37.

Would anyone have any info on a Asturias Classical Guitar? The label reads, "HandCrafted, ASTURIAS, by E.Kodaira, Model #AST40". The guitar was bought in the mid to late 80's. It has Rosewood Laminate sides and back, Cedar top & Mahagony neck with a Rosewood (I think) stiffening insert. Any comments would be appreciated, especially the guitars approx. value. Thank You!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

asturias a6 classical guitar mij

hi! pls help me how to identify this model? what are the specs and value?
tnx

Re: Asturias KODAIRIA Classical AST40

Kodairi is a secondary brand manufactured by Asturias in Kobe, Japan.

Same Asturias quality without the frills and adornments of Asturias guitars. Your guitar sold for about 43,000 yen in the late 1980s.

The current Kodairi line up starts with the AST 60 and ends with the AST 100. During the 1980s Kodaira models included the AST 40, 50, 60, 70, & 80.

Asturias and Kodaira are great student workhorse guitars. These guitars were sold in a variety of scales: 650, 640, 630, 590, 550 and 530. There was also a 700mm bass model.

: Would anyone have any info on a Asturias Classical Guitar? The label reads, "HandCrafted, ASTURIAS, by E.Kodaira, Model #AST40". The guitar was bought in the mid to late 80's. It has Rosewood Laminate sides and back, Cedar top & Mahagony neck with a Rosewood (I think) stiffening insert. Any comments would be appreciated, especially the guitars approx. value. Thank You!

AST 30

hmm..

Well, i got a Handcrafted Asturias
Model no. AST30
by E. Kodaira

i found it in the garret of my parents house and i could'nt find anything about this model.
you know something about it?

Re: Asturias KODAIRIA Classical AST40

: Kodairi is a secondary brand manufactured by Asturias in Kobe, Japan.

: Same Asturias quality without the frills and adornments of Asturias guitars. Your guitar sold for about 43,000 yen in the late 1980s.

: The current Kodairi line up starts with the AST 60 and ends with the AST 100. During the 1980s Kodaira models included the AST 40, 50, 60, 70, & 80.

: Asturias and Kodaira are great student workhorse guitars. These guitars were sold in a variety of scales: 650, 640, 630, 590, 550 and 530. There was also a 700mm bass model.

:
: : Would anyone have any info on a Asturias Classical Guitar? The label reads, "HandCrafted, ASTURIAS, by E.Kodaira, Model #AST40". The guitar was bought in the mid to late 80's. It has Rosewood Laminate sides and back, Cedar top & Mahagony neck with a Rosewood (I think) stiffening insert. Any comments would be appreciated, especially the guitars approx. value. Thank You!

i have an Asturias AST 40, purchased in the early 80's inVictoria,BC,Canada. it has Indain rosewood sides and back, mahagony neck, and i think a cedar top, tho i'm not sure about the top. actually, that is what i would like to find out. the top came damaged in transit, but the shop had it repaired and sold it to me for less than 50% cost. i believe it listsed at approx $550 canadian at that time. the guitar is lovely to play as ive repeatedly lowered the saddle and it has a very warm and deep bass (one guitar player described it as a 'ridiculously deep bass'. i very much like this guitar, but only wish i could find out more about it..........cheers.........fred

Re: Asturias Classical AST40

Yes they are great instrumnets. Approx value $1000-$1100 US.

Very good sound and clarity.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.