Aria A558

Posted by Bmckee on Sat, 01/22/05 - 15:18:40.

I would just like to know where I might find some information on an Aria A558 classical model.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

What a waste

Never ever have I caome across such a useless site as this one.
Stupid people making stupid comments, or all asking the same questions that no one answers.
What a waste of cyberspace

Re: Aria A556

: I would like to know where I might find some information on an Aria A556 classical model.

Aria A556

I can't tell you much about this guitar. I bought one in the early 70's, I think. It didn't get played for several years while I raised a houseful of children. I took it out a couple of years ago and started taking classical guitar lessons again. I am continually amazed by how good it sounds. It was not expensive then. I put Savarez strings on it, and it's got great resonance. I like it.

Re: Aria A558

: I would just like to know where I might find some information on an Aria A558 classical model.

I just found this thread googling for my Aria classical guitar, too. ;-) But I also have found a catalog on the Guitar Gallery site which is a great source of information for all things related to the former Japanese manufacturer Matsumoku who also built Aria guitars. Here's the link to the catalog page:

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/a-ap2_acou/class/aria_classical_b_pg3.jpg.html

I bought it around 1983 for DM 500,- which was ~$350 back then. I still like it, and it sounds fine as well.

Related Instruments:
See this report if you are thinking about buying a Classical Guitar

Hello- I also own an Aria 558. The info I've found is via the Aria guitar website. Information is limited, but indicates the guitars are circa 1971. I paid $230 USD for mine at a swap meet. The headstock looks like the old Torres style type (one main hump w/ one a smaller one on each side). There is also a gold strip going down the front of the headstock. Other old Aria's have the name "ARIA" instead. The rosette is patterned after the Ramirez style, similar to a Ramirez 1A guitar I own. I'm guessing the Aria 558 back and sides are laminated rosewood, along with a spruce top. Guitar has a nice sustain to it, but as with most Japanese classicals, the bass strings overshadow the trebles. It's a fun guitar.

Related Instruments:

RE: Aria A558

Old post, hoping for the best. Just purchased a A558 without it's bridge. Can you send me a picture of your guitar and a clse up of the bridge, headstock and the label. Want to restore to it's original condition.

I just noticed that there are many questions regarding Aria acoustical guitars in this forum, so I'll try to add a clickable link to the catalog overview on the Guitar Gallery site this time:

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/a-ap2_acou/a-ap2_acou.html

There you'll find several catalogs, e.g. the one about classical guitars with detailed specs ranging from top model A560 down to flamenco model A545F etc.

By the way, the Guitar Gallery has a forum about all Matsumoku-made guitars, too:

http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard/

If the links still don't work, simply ignore the URL tags around them when copying & pasting the address to your browser.

Related Instruments:

: I would just like to know where I might find some information on an Aria A558 classical model.

Find á Aria A558+price

: : I would just like to know where I might find some information on an Aria A558 classical model.

: I also have a beautiful Aria A558 and would like info on it.

I have that model but i'm just saying this so you can get pissed off

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.