Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552

Advertisement
Posted by Hans on Tue, 09/19/06 - 21:58:04.

Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hi:
I just came across this thread and was wondering if anyone has info on my peculiar situation. Most people's guitars seem to have multiple numbered serial numbers. Mine just says 7. The date stamp seems to say 54.8.11. But that can't be right, if they were made starting 1957. Must be 64.8.11.
It needs some work (action is too low). Any information on where to get a new saddle?

Bruce

Mine (A552) has number 13

Mine (A552) has number 13 and It is form 54/10/23 so 23 october 1954... Yours has Been made in august. It seems right (aria started in 1954 ?)

I bought in a small guitar shop in Boston mentioned guitar 'cause a lot a rumors where going onto this Aria and specialy the 552 model. Paid U$ 845 for it. Lot of money! So I compare the Aria with very expensive classical guitars from famous Spanisch builders. What I can say: If you can catch one of these classical guitar wonders for approx U$ 1000 do it!

: Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
: Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

I have an Aria serial #01600. I have had this guitar since 1968 and was born who knows how long before me. It is indeed the one made in Japan. Does anyone have an idea of the value of this model and serial #?

: Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
: Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!

: : Very few of these excellent sounding Aria A552 Classical
: : Guitars ever come around these days. If you get your hands on one for under $600 U.S., you'll have a real bargain on your hands. The ones made in the late 1960's are highly sought out by Japanese guitar collectors, because they were produced for export only. Imagine working in the Aria on these excellent guitars and not being able to purchase one!
: : Everytime I see one of these A552 Classical guitars for sale on online auctions, the price seems to go through the roof. I have had mine since Christmas 1969, and my serial number is 2247. I will never sell mine, it's been my favorite guitar for nearly 40 years. They really stand the test of time. I've only met one other person in my life with one of these A552's and he was keeping his too!
: : My experience with Aria is very similar, but with a student guitar. I have a C-90, vintage 1969 or 1970, serial number 0116, made in Japan. I have had it for these 40 years and it plays beautifully. It is the only guitar I would never sell, out of the 2 dozen or so guitars of all types that I have owned through the years.

Aria classical guitar Model #A552

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552

Aria classical guitar Model #A552

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Aria classical guitar Model #A552

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.