Re: ARIEL GUITAR

Advertisement
Posted by Steven on Mon, 01/22/07 - 08:58:42.

: I PURCHASED AN ARIEL GUITAR MODEL #698 IN 1970.. CANNOT FIND ANY INFORMATION OR HISTORY ON THIS INSTRUMENT......PLEASE HELP....ANY IDEA HOW MUCH ITS WORTH....

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ariel Aria guitars

I agree with the poster who says Aria logo before 1963 (when Matsuoka made their instruments) looked like. Ariel. Ive seen older similar descriptions of this issue elsewhere. The Japanese person who created the original Aria Logo thought he was creating an elegant final a and did not realize it looked exactly like el to western readers. After 1963 Aria corrected the problem and we have the familiar logo we see today.

I just bought and strung up an elegant Ariel ARIA model 53. No seriel number as is true of pre 1963 Aria guitars .

It is a finely crafted laminated top with Brazilian Rosewood back and sides. !! I presume those are laminated too but boy to they look gorgeous. It sounds delicious.

strangely there is a Gibson copy around 1980 with an Ariel logo on it (electric) strange.

Noiret

I know this is from a long

I know this is from a long time ago but I found one
https://reverb.com/item/154433-ariel-eb-3-bass-1970s-cherry-red

Ariel Guitar

I also have a Ariel Guitar and its case given to me. It also says C234

Ariel EB-3 Bass (Copy)

Back in the mid 1970s I had a wine red lawsuit copy of a Gibson EB-3 bass. It didn't have the Varitone like some EB-3s but then it wasn't a Gibby either. It was incredibly easy to play with the short scale, and with the two pickups (1 hum and 1 large single) it had good sounds. There have been many times I've wished I'd kept it. Has anyone else ever seen one of these?
Thx

Ariel Guitar

The Aria signature did change over the years but the first signature did look like it said Ariel but it is still just Aria. They changed the last letter to be more recognizable which didnt matter because the guy who started the companies name is Arai so its different anyways. I also have a C234 classical I cant find anything in any model database about that model but all i do know is if your Aria does not have a serial number just a model number then it predates 1974 when they started adding serial numbers. Also the company was founded in 1956 but contracted their guitars through a few other companies until 1963 when they started producing their own. Im not positive but I believe the early signature predates 1963.

: : I PURCHASED AN ARIEL GUITAR MODEL #698 IN 1970.. CANNOT FIND ANY INFORMATION OR HISTORY ON THIS INSTRUMENT......PLEASE HELP....ANY IDEA HOW MUCH ITS WORTH....
I got one,a les paul style electric.Just like a gibson les paul custom.I am 45,and I got the guitar when I was 15,it went on tour with me twice
and it still rocks.Ariel had good quality

I bought an Ariel guitar in the 60s at the Blue Guitar in San Diego. It cost me about $50 back then. Mine was a nylon classical model C234. The Ariel was one of three lines made by the same manufacturer in Japan: Aria, Arias and Ariel. I think Ariel was the bottom line. I was a poor college student and it was what I could afford. The Blue Guitar is still in business, though they've changed location. They might know about the value. Probably not much, but I still have mine forty years later!

: I bought an Ariel guitar in the 60s at the Blue Guitar in San Diego. It cost me about $50 back then. Mine was a nylon classical model C234. The Ariel was one of three lines made by the same manufacturer in Japan: Aria, Arias and Ariel. I think Ariel was the bottom line. I was a poor college student and it was what I could afford. The Blue Guitar is still in business, though they've changed location. They might know about the value. Probably not much, but I still have mine forty years later!

hello michael. this may come as a surprise, but i also have the same classical ariel guitar purchased around the same time and it's serial number is ....ready for this.....c234 also. how could that be? maybe it's a stock #. mine's in great mint shape. nor sure of the value either, but it still plays great.

i got an Ariel Guitar from my grandpa, model number 003, he said it was from the 60's, yeah, no info, any one got anything?

: i got an Ariel Guitar from my grandpa, model number 003, he said it was from the 60's, yeah, no info, any one got anything?
i got one from my grandpa too.

dude, i have a 1956 Ariel

dude, i have a 1956 Ariel nylon string guitar serial number 080. I was told that this guitar is worth 3000 bucks be a guitar collector.

If anyone knows anything about these guitars please respond.. I had one passed down from my grandfather and can't find any information about them. Thx

: If anyone knows anything about these guitars please respond.. i can't find any information about them. Thx

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.