Dating Aria Guitars

Posted by Steve on Fri, 02/06/09 - 08:47:54.

Here is a bit of information I found while searching for information about my Aria (Ariana) A570 Classical Guitar, which you Aria owners may find beneficial.
By the way, I still don't the actual age of mine.

In the mid 70's, serial numbers began to be used. At least for Aria guitars, made by Matsumoku, the serial number contains the year of manufacture in the first 2 digits, thus a guitar from 1979 would have a serial number, such as 79####. The manufacturing of Aria guitars were subcontracted out to Matsumoku from 1964 to 1986. Rumor has it, although I can't find confirmation, that the Indonesian factory was thought to be to be an Indonesian "slave" factory).

If anyone has information on the age of the A570, I'd appreciate it.
My A570 sounds better than my Yahama C70.

Related Instruments:
See this report if you are thinking about buying a Classical Guitar

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Aria Stratocaster

Trying to find out age of my Aria Stratocaster
Serial #023761 Steel adjustable neck
Made in Japan.
Does anyone know where I can find this information?
Thank you

Aria proII PW70

I inhered a pw 70, it is wery hard to find anything abaut it.
I Wonder hove many were produced I know it is rear and from Japan.
It is in rosewood and have the Three of life on the neck and the back is tree pice.

Any information will help.

Dating Aria 6 string

Where and when was an Aria 6 string
made? Just acquired one.

Paper label AGP-001N

Any help would be appreciated. JB

Aria AC150F Flamenco made in Spain

I Recently purchased an Aria Flamenco AC150F with superb tone and playability. The Serial Number is 211233. Looks like the serial number is a small pasted sticker within the larger ARIA label which says handmade in Spain and supervised by Shiro Arai? Can't figure out the date of manufacture. Thank you ahead of time for your response!

Aria PE-R80

I have come to own an Aria solid body guitar. I looked on Aria's web site and determined it might be a PE-R80 from the pictures, Has four knobs and a really odd, lg headstock. The serial # is on a plate on the back of the body right below the neck- 1048649. Can you tell me anything about this guitar??? Thank you very much!!

Aria made in Japan model A 790

Just bought this repaired guitar from a thrift shop this aft.
The sound is beautiful and volume high.
Lucky for me the repair to the bridge is not subtle
but it is successful.
Any info on this hand crafted,
made in Japan, A790?
Thankyou!

Aria Custom guitar

I have an Aria Custom guitar serial number 1522 model number.The model number is faded but it looks like a W to start off.
Can you give me more infor on this guitar. Oh yeah the guitar pick guard has drawings on it on top a butterfly and flowers on the bottom looks like a cutaway shape on the pick guard.

Thank You

Aria Classical Guitar Model AC -7 Details

I have an Aria guitar and all details I can see are:
Aria CONCERT GUITAR, Serial Number: 3401, Model: AC 7 (or 17 - it's unclear), MADE IN JAPAN.
How can I know when it was made and its value?

Aria A583

I have an Aria A583 classical guitar. No serial number is listed but I found the number 46226 stamped on the heel of the guitar. It was old when it was given to me. Still sounds great. Would like to know when it was mafe.

aria pro ii vp-60

I have aria pro ii viper series vp-60, serial # 912299
Is this 1991?
Thanks

Aria guitar A554-#00414 made in Japan

I have an Aria A554 S/N 00414 purchased in 1968. Wonderful tone and loads of volume. Any information regarding this instrument would be appreciated. Please contact me at the above email address. Thank you.
Paul Dossett

Aria A554

I was just given an Aria acoustic....Don't know a thing about it. The bridge has fallen off...I do have it. Wondering is it worth fixing.
Looked inside and it says Serial No. 00258 and Model #A554

Any thoughts you have on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Aria classical guitars

I just acquired a Mdl. A556 ser. # 00144 and if yours is anything like mine its well worth fixing. Use only a reputable luthier(for the bridge to"fall" off typically means that it got heated to 150 degrees F. or more which is the melting point of horse hide glue which all quality guitar bridges are held on with)and if you're lucky no strands of top wood[sound board] came with it. If bits of grain did tear off with it, the ultimate way of restoring it is to replace them[no voids] because you want 100% contact of bridge to top[with grain strands on the bottom of your bridge you might be able to stick it right back where it was] because this is the source of the guitar's tone) as these instruments deserve it. Best of luck to you.

Aria A544F

Hi, I have an Aria A544F, Flamenco. Serial no 00009. It has the numbers 106544-1, stamped into the heel on the inside of guitar. Solid top, possibly cedar? handmade rosette, ebony fretboard and ebony strip along the back of neck. Top of Headstock looks like a Japanese temple with a notch in the middle. Not sure of age, or maker, could be a Royji Matsuoka? Anybody know. Thanks

ARIA Acoustic/electric

hello I have found myself a second hand ARIA ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC WITH CUTAWAY The model is an AW-35CE N & THE SERIAL NUMBER IS 68030202 Can anyone help with identifying the year and country of manufacture THANKYOU

Aria guitar

I have an Aria AC - 8 with a serial number of 29. It's in excellent condition and I'm wondering if anyone could guess at its value. I think about getting a new one from time to time but this one still sounds great.

Classical Guitar

I own an A 533 SN: 56156 number on heel inked 81002009
Any idea when it was made? - would it be 1981

Need exact date and origin of manufactured plus value

I need some info regarding my Aria Pro ll Mad Axe Bass Guitar.

Here is the serial number on neck plate stamped 2030915
A sticker on the heel of the neck PB02XDBS

There are no indications stamped or stickers relating to where it was manufactured as of country or manufacturers
Last l would like to know a close proximity of its value in today's market (blue book) as well what a new one would go for if still made!

Respectfully Submitted

Mark S.

7/6/16
USA

Aria Pro II TA 70 Korea

Hi,could you help me know more about this Korean guitar with a trapeze tailpiece? Serial Number:S97098071. Do you know it's current value given that is in vgc.Kind Regards,ledge

Aria acoustic guitar

I purchased my guitar in summer of 1970 from Bernardo's Guitar Shop on Brooklyn Avenue, Eat Los Angeles. It is an Aria, Model A544 and Serial Number ooo41. I suppose it was made in 1968 or '69. I paid nearly $400 for it. I don't have an idea of its value today. But, what a VOICE! I may sell if a good offer is made.

Aria pro II PW 70

I have a PW 70 Three of life, white out any Serial numbe rbut inside the body in the bottom of the neck the number H520126 is ingraved or burned in.

I Wonder if anyone can tell me a litle about the guitar. it is cud have been baut in the US in the late 70 or maybe the 80 ? I can finde wery little information on the pw 70 on the net.

I be wery happy for any answers.

aria lp

My aria serial number S00044254 made in korea,.anyone can identify when the guitar year made?,

S=Samick. 00=year 2000, 04=

S=Samick. 00=year 2000, 04= month April.
Rest of de digits is production number

guitar info aria 3 p up les paul custom copy

Hi i obtained this via an ebay seller in japan a few yrs ago i would love to know a bit more about it .it is cherry sunburst ,an identical copy custom engraved truss rod cover ,diamond inlay on headstock .even braided wiring in cavity . ser no is in gold under lacqueron back of headstock is 078026 i would love to know a bit more about it
cheers

Aria sg electric guitar

Hello! I have an aria sg electric guitar, full pick guard, 2 humbuckers, natural finish with diamond inlays. Serial# 1049457. If anyone can help me figure the date and possibly the value of the guitar it would be
much appreciated.

arias acoustic Japan

I was Just given a guitar. It needs a little care. Can anybody figure out the model and serial #? Aria, made in Japan. yellow label,
Model 692, serial # 633. Nothing seams to match the numbers on deferent dating charts. Thanks for any help that you may know.

Aria pw25

I have an Aria PW25 serial #77110070 made in Japan. Don't know much about it, can anyone help?

Aria Hollow Body

My father recently passed away and I was left the beautiful guitar! I was able to locate the serial and model numbers.1st the serial:962669,next the model:5102G! It's definitely made in Japan.I was also able to find another set of numbers on the neck stock,those are 1014351. It's in beautiful condition and the sounds is absolutely smooth. Has a hint of jazz to it! Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Guitar serial number

I have got an Aria Diamond (Hollow body) and I am struggling to find out any information about it. The only number I could find on it was 2172243. If anyone can help with any information regardig the age ect it would be much appreciated.

aria model a 555

I am trying to find out about a beautiful little classical guitar. It is a Aria model A555, seriel#00072. Does anyone know how to date this guitar. Ultimately it doesn't effect the amazing performance(action,intonation,tonality,resonance) of this guitar, but a history would be great.

aria model a 555

I also have an Aria model A555. I bought it new around 1970-1972. The serial number on the label inside the sound hole is 00081, which I think means made in 1970 and the 81st made that year of that model. If that's true, then our 2 guitars were perhaps made by the same person maybe a few weeks apart.

12-sting Aria guitar

Hello, I have an aria 12-sting guitar but I don't know how to put an age to it. All in has is a model number of "A9414" and another number stamped into the inside of the guitar of "61218". The sticker where the serial and model number are.. the serial number is blank. I don't have any papers for it or anything... please help!

A9414

I have an A9414 with #70718 that I purchased new in 1978, so yours is a little earlier, I would guess. Hope this helps.

A9414

I have an A9414 with #70718 that I purchased new in 1978, so yours is a little earlier, I would guess. Hope this helps.

Aria 12-string

I have owned a beautiful Aria 12-string, model 795 ser 114795 since the mid 70's. It remains in great condition and sounds epic. Any way I can get more info about this particular guitar? Thanks in advance. aarex.

Help to date ARIA A552 classical guitar

Hi, I'm the owner of a classic guitar ARIA A552, the serial number is 1470 .... I would be grateful if you help me to know the year of construction. Thank you very much.

Denny

vintage 12 string Aria

Hi there, I got a 12 string Aria guitar that I can not figure out when it was made since the serial number is 20, and the model is A 734, looks vintage, I had not found any kind of info for this numbers, One rare thing is that it has a gibson style headstock...I hope someone can help on this topic.

Thanks.

aria guitar dating

I have an old aria electric. I believe it is a 1702 t. It says made in Japan and has serial number 1043360. Can anyone help me date it? thanks

i'd like to no more about my aria

i bought a aria acoustic in 1973 model # 6810 serial #248294 or #248224 . i'm tring to buy hard shell case for it and i don't even no what stile it is. i like to no worth, when made,and if it is a (dreadnought) ?please help. i'm giving it to my daughter. thankyou Wm.

Aria 2 string acoustic AA4838

I have an Aria 12 string with AA4838 abd a serial or ? number inside 554940 and am wondering about the date of manufacture, specifications, model, etc.

Thank You,

Aria Classical guitar model A543FS

Greetings,
I have an old Aria flamenco guitar with lighter body wood (probably cypress), model A543FS, serial # 00068. It has original friction pegs of rosewood and a solid cedar top. It looks to be all solid woods. It is a beautiful-sounding guitar.
I would like to know the age of this guitar. With a serial # this low, I expect it would have been built in the early 70's or possibly in the 60's. Does anyone have any info on this instrument? I would reaaly apreciate knowing more!
Thanks, Jim Campbell

Aria guitar

I have an Aria guitar that I'm trying to figure out when it was made. I can't find any information about it anywhere. Not even from their website. The serial number is 66106258, and the model number is AWGAGP-2N. How can I find out how old this guitar is?

Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.